chapter sixteen.

________________________

Theme song:Welcome to the jungle-Guns N'roses________________________

________________________

Europe in 1483

Katherine entered the library area with a smile on her face,she enjoyed seeing Elijah so enthralled with each page of a book.She much preferred Elijah over Klaus's brutish ways but she could never say that to anyone.If she did,the young girl was likely to be killed.

"What are you reading,Elijah?Anything I would be interested in?"the Pierce girl asked as she took a seat next to him.

"It is a prophecy of sorts."the Mikaelson man answered."It is quite interesting,the legend is in many different cultures."

"I would like to hear it,it must be fascinating if you've been reading about it for days."Katherine insisted.

"Well,it says that a man who is both werewolf and vampire will meet his soulmate who has just lost her wolf mate.It also says she is just like him,both werewolf and vampire,it talks about the woman changing him in ways that nobody can,seems like a lovely dream."Elijah shut his book."A dream that could never be real."

"Yes,it is silly to think that vampires and werewolves are real,they are just fictional creatures."Katherine shrugged slightly."But it does sound like a very nice fairytale."

"Yes."Elijah sighed."A fairytale."

Mystic Falls in 1864

"What are you saying,George?"Katherine questioned,as she crossed her arms.

"She has the same gene as me,the werewolf gene."the Lockwood man replied in almost a whisper."She is my mate."

"You would treat your mate in such a manor?I seen the bruises on her body."Katherine clenched her fists."If I see anymore on her,I will kill you with my bare hands."

"If you even dare I will expose your little secret,what will the Salvatore's think then,hm?"George questioned.

"Nobody will care about my secret once they have learned yours Mr.Lockwood,remember that."The Pierce woman smiled."Have a lovely day."

Katherine left knowing that Gianina was the woman from the prophecy,she left knowing the person she loved most belonged to another.It hurt her beyond belief and for once,she decided to think for someone else.She left Mystic Falls and Gia for her sake.