chapter fifty three.

Never say never — The Fray

When Caroline asks for a favor, she's really telling you to do her a favor. Gianina learned that as she began to help her with things with the Miss Mystic Falls pageant. Truly, she didn't mind doing stupid simple things like this, it helped her relax, and in her mind, it was better doing this, than handling all the stupid vampire problems in the world.

Plus, it distracted her from the letting Jeremy kill a hybrid guilt.

"Stop, stop, stop!" Caroline ran over to Gia, who held an arrangement of flowers in her hands as she walked to the area specified to take them.

"Am I going the wrong way because i'm pretty sure—"

"No, you aren't. I'm pretty sure you're actually the only damn person who actually read this thing." The Forbes girl sighed and pressed her clip board against her chest. "I'm just stressed, and I need a friend."

"Are you sure i'm the best friend to destress you? I've got over one hundred years of stress." Gianina smiled lightly as she placed the floral arrangement on the table, seeing Caroline's lip form a slight pout. "What's wrong?"

"Well, this whole pageant is turning into a disaster, and on top of that, Stefan and Elena broke up because Elena has feeling for Damon, and now Stefan feels like he is going crazy and I want to help fix it but—"

"Woah, woah, woah, calm down. I didn't know any of this happened but, from what it sounds like, none of this is your problem. Let them handle their drama on their own, and focus on the pageant, which is going very well by the way." Gia leaned forward and placed a hand on the girls shoulder. "It's all going to be fine."

"Oh my god, you're so right." Caroline giddily placed a kiss against the girls cheek. "Thank you!"

The Forbes girl walked off, obviously in a much better mood.

"Glad I could help." Gianina spoke with a laugh, shaking her head.

At least she could help someone, cause she was terrible at helping herself.

  The next day was the Miss Mystic Falls pageant, and like always, there had to be some drama. At least now, it was the stupid teenage kind, and not the supernatural kind. Except for the lingering tension between her, Tyler, and Hayley which she intended to fix right then and there.

Hopefully.

"I want to thank the judges for seeing last the fact that I am a raging bitch." Hayley spoke jokingly, wearing the crown for Miss Mystic Falls on her head.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, those girls competing will probably cut you for that." Gianina spoke as she walked closer, both of their smiles dropping at the sight of her.

"Too bad I have claws." The Marshall girl responded, raising a challenging brow. "What do you want?"

"Peace, I know that what happened was wrong, and I want to apologize for your friend." Gia spoke, almost ashamed of being a part of what happened. "He didn't deserve that."