chapter forty six.

Self sabotage — Maggie Lindemann

  Gianina had way too much on her mind as she brushed through her long hair, looking directly into the mirror. Her stare was almost blank, and definitely emotionless. The woman didn't even know what she was doing if she was honest, not one bit.

There was a knock on her door, and Gia sucked in a breath, knowing Klaus wasn't on the other side.

Her brothers were taking him for away at that point, no doubt.

She sat there, continuing to stare at herself deeply in the mirror, wondering if she made a mistake by helping her brothers get Elena back, which in turn helped them take Klaus down. She wondered why she chose them over everything, every time. Weather it was Katherine, Klaus, her whole life in New York, ballet, and just her overall happiness.

They wouldn't do it for her, she was just the annoying adopted sister in their eyes, right? The one who got dumped on them, the one who couldn't take care of themselves especially after Lily died. She was always an absolute nuisance, one they always wanted to be rid of.

"Apologize for my bad manners but, the door was open and I needed to speak with you urgently." A familiar voice spoke.

Gianina didn't turn around, she simply looked at his reflection.

"Hello, Elijah." She bowed her head slightly out of respect, Elijah was a friend, and that was few and far between for her.

"Hello, Gianina. It has come to my attention that my brother—"

"Is out of commission? Yeah." The Salvatore girl nodded her head slightly. "I'm sure one of my brothers is half way across the country with him by now."

"We must get him back." Elijah could tell his friend wasn't exactly in the right head space, her eyes were blank, and small pools of water were no doubt forming in the corners of her eyes. "You are practically a part of the family, I would need your help."

"Any vampire is a part of your family, you technically sired them all." Gia scoffed, shaking her head lightly. She felt denied and secluded by the people she loved most.

Even Jeremy, who was on a vampire hating kick ever since Elena was taken by Klaus.

"We are both aware I take the word family very seriously." Elijah lightly cleared his throat. "All I ask of you is to come with me to the Gilbert house, make a deal that will benefit both us, and your friends."

"What deal would that be?"

Elijah's plan was simple really, take the weapon that could kill them away from Alaric, make sure the vampire species lives on, and then they get Klaus' body back. Part of the deal was that all the Mikaelsons would scatter to opposite ends of the Earth. Elijah offered to bring Gia with him, hoping she would allow him to show her the history of ballet, knowing it was the passion of her life.