chapter forty nine.

Love and War — Fleurie

Gianina was a bit rusty of her ballet moves but, as she performed a grand jeté, it was as if she was falling right back into her old patterns. She forgot the rush of calm and relief she had from dancing, especially after all this time away from New York. However, right now, in this moment, she was feeling herself again.

Her leotard clung onto her skin, and her pointe shoes formed tightly around her foot, giving her the structure she had been craving since getting back to Mystic Falls.

"You are truly talented." Klaus spoke from behind the girl, who stopped mid dance with a sigh.

"What do you want, Klaus?" Gianina questioned with a forced smile.

"To protect you, to my knowledge, there is a very skilled hunter in town, and we don't know what hes capable of." The Mikaelson man clapped his hands together. "Come on, love. I've made a few hybrids to keep you safe, they're at the Lockwood mansion."

"Why is it you feel like you can leave whenever you want and then pop back up like its nothing? Like you never left in the first place?" Gia questioned, bending down to take a sip from her water bottle, her mouth dry.

"I had things to tend to in Chicago but, I turned around as soon as I found out you were in danger." Klaus spoke sincerely but, still with a hint of cockiness that angered Gianina. "If you were truly concerned about my whereabouts, you would have called."

"Things like turning werewolves into hybrids, hm?" The Salvatore woman rolled her eyes. "Why do you feel like you have to force peoples loyalty?"

"Yours would be enough but it seems you are too ashamed of your feelings for me to admit we are allies." The Mikaelson man spoke simply, and plainly. "I'd like you to join Tyler with the other hybrids at your own free will but know, for your safety I will use force to get you there."

"You're joking." Gia scoffed lightly, shaking her head. "I cannot die, how would my safety be in danger."

"Very well, have it your way." Klaus approached the girl, and within a moment, she was slung over his shoulder. "That's better."

"I'm kicking your ass when you let me down." The Salvatore woman mumbled.

"I'm sure you will, love. I'm sure you will." Niklaus responded with a grin.

At least she would be meeting people like her, ones who share the same blessing and curse.

  When Klaus said there were hybrids to protect her, Gianina figured she'd actually be to talk to them. However, once they arrived, she was thrown into a room with Tyler, and kept there. It wasn't hard for the two of them to make conversation, they had always been connected in some way.

Still, she was mad Klaus was making her stay here when she could be dancing,

"I used to play tons of football when I was younger." Gia noted as Tyler threw the ball her way, catching it in her hands. "Been at least a hundred and something years since then."