chapter one.

________________________

Theme song:You broke me first-Tate McRae

________________________

As soon as Gianina stepped foot into the Salvatore household, she was thrown into a task. It was simple enough but, the girl did not particularly like just following Damon around when she could be doing something more useful. She didn't fight for her rights in the early 1900s for no reason.

"Are you sure they are even going to talk if i'm there?" Gia asked her older brother.

"Let me worry about the big things, little sister." Damon waved Mrs.Lockwood over.

She came over fairly quickly and Gianina could already tell the woman was hooked on Damon. He never ceased to amuse her that's for sure. The Salvatore girl straightened herself out and flattened her black laced dress in order to keep up appearances. The Salvatores were apart of the founding families after all.

"Who's this?" Mrs.Lockwood asked. Gianina didn't notice it but, she was lost in her own train of thought and stopped listening to the conversation.

"Gianina." the girl smiled and extended her hand. "Salvatore."

"Oh. I didn't know there was more Salvatores." The woman next to her commented.Elizabeth Forbes.

"She's adopted." Damon smiled. "Now, what did you call me over here for? Don't worry, short stack over here knows everything."

Gianina always hated when Damon brought up the fact that she wasn't biologically his sibling. You see, her parents were good friends with the Salvatore family and they died when she was a mere two years old. Lily and Giuseppe took her in and raised her from then on.

"Follow us." Sheriff Forbes said before her and Mrs.Lockwood started walking. Both Damon and Gianina did so and the two exchanged a 'here we go' look as they did.

"I want to know exactly who's responsible for killing my husband." Mrs.Lockwood said quietly as they walked.

"I'm looking into it but, you have to be straight with me. Is there any reason Richard was affected by the vampire device?" the group came to a stop about 20 feet from where they were just standing.

This is going to take quite awhile, Gianina thought before taking a glass of champagne from a passing waiter.

"What are you implying? That he was one of them?" The Lockwood woman asked defensively.