chapter forty seven.

Aint it fun — Paramore

There was some pesky feeling that was keeping Gianina Salvatore in Mystic Falls, and it wasn't the fact that Elena had turned into a vampire. Something just felt unfinished there, and as much as she would've loved to go with Elijah and explore the world, explore the art she loved, something inside her couldn't, not just yet.

There was something she was leaving behind, she just didn't know what it was yet.

The only bad part of this was, the council was after every single vampire in town because of Alaric, and even as a hybrid, they had the means to take her down if they pumped enough vervain in her. Gianina looked carefully around the square before she started to speed walk across, trying her best to not garner any attention from the locals. Suddenly though, as she neared her building she felt the pricks of dozens if vervain shots in her back.

As she started to speed up, the girls heart racing, she was stabbed by four wooden stakes, her body aching like crazy.

A rush of council members approached her and dragged her off the street into an alleyway. There, they dosed her with even more vervain, and as the girl got weaker, and weaker, they tied her up. Gianina couldn't think straight, the poison coursing through her veins.

She kept calm though, knowing at one point these men would have to mess up enough for her to escape. Gia knee she must keep the confidence she had gained. She was a hybrid, and as such, she was more powerful than any of these men trying to hurt her.

"Put her with the others." A voice demanded as she felt herself being picked up, the sound of large metal doors opening.

Her vision was blurry and faint but, it seemed as if she was being put into some sort of truck.

"Put... me down." She managed to utter out, pain and suffering in her tone.

They did as she asked, but, that was not how she meant her request.

  It seemed like the vervain wore off as Gianina shook awake. She tried her best to rip her way out of confinements but, it burned her skin far too much, and she was still all too weak. As her vision cleared, she seen the familiar faces of her two blonde friends, and pondered who else had been captured.

If they could capture a hybrid and an original, there was no limit to who else they could get.

"What is going on?" She questioned, looking around. "Where are they taking us?"

"No idea but, it looks like Alaric outed us all to the council." Caroline spoke, lightly shrugging her shoulders.

She seemed to be unphased, which was understandable for a girl who just lost her boyfriend.

"The council? What exactly do they think they can do to me?" Rebekah questioned with a scoff, lightly shaking her head.

Just then, the van crashed, and glass shattered around the girls as the vehicle began to flip over.