Chapter 16: Dunce

***
"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

Suddenly the ringing of the Infinity Clock blares through the room.

***

Your P.O.V.

"I still think we should've followed the ringing." I mutter with my hands behind my head.

"Why are you so blood thirsty?" asks Wendy, "It's not like you."

"I'm not blood thirsty." I protest, opening the guild door, "I just want a good fight."

"See? You're usually so laid back and waltz into battles only to attack someone once and that'll be the end of it." She explains, walking into the guild first, "Now you want to be like Natsu-San and beat everyone up."

"No, I'm not!" I vehemently protest.

Wendy shakes her head, "Yes you are. Maybe you don't see it but I do, I'm sure Gildarts-San does too."

"Gi-"

Mirajane interrupts our conversation, "(N/n), Makarov wants to see you."

"Hm? Okay, see you later Little Dragon." 

Makarov beckons me to take a seat next to him. 

"Gildarts told me something interesting the other day." He begins.

I furrow my brows, "What did he say?"

"He said that while you guys were discussing the Legion your eye turned pitch black." Makarov says, "I thought that Zeref helped you gain control of the demon?"

"It's unstable." I mutter awkwardly, scratching my neck, "The seals aren't strong enough, the crystal shattered yesterday. I have to keep meditating to get control back even though he said that everything will be okay."

"So that explains the eye and the sudden aggressiveness." He muses to himself with a concerned look, "You do realize that the smallest possibility of you going mad will force me to, let's put it bluntly, kill you?"

I glance at Erza, who's scolding Gray, Mirajane, who's laughing with Lisanna, Cana, who's doing tarot reading, Natsu and Happy, who're making a fool of themselves and back at Makarov.

"So you're telling me this 'blood lust' is caused by the demon 'merging' with my magic?" I ask, tapping the table avoiding the question.

"Yes. I presume that the demon was violent and murdered countless." He voices his thoughts.

I shake my head, "No, Zeref created this one. This isn't an ordinary demon, it's one of the ones he created to fulfill a duty. It had extraordinary power but it never attacked anyone, it's only purpose was to latch onto someone powerful."

"And then attack people?" Makarov prods.

"Perhaps. He never explained his reasoning for it." I frown, "Y'know he taught me a lot in that seven years, but never once did he try to sneakily teach me Black Magic."

"Interesting." He says, "What did he teach you?"

"A lot of history." I say, not wanting to go into detail of Zeref's teachings, "But if it does happen, Makarov, you needn't kill me. Concentrating on forcing all my magic into one place, can cause me to spontaneously combust. Zeref taught me that for emergencies, he didn't want another uncontrollable Black Wizard roaming Earthland."