Chapter 14: Octopus

Your P.O.V.

I just gave away three of my sweaters. A gaze towards my partners tells me that they like them at least. Cana, who's usually lightly dressed, is prancing around in my grey sweater. Mirajane has a white one wrapped around her neck and Erza is wearing a black one as well.

"Is Gildarts back yet?" I ask Makarov, after diverting my attention away from Erza.

He puts down his mug, "No, not yet."

"Where did he even go?" 

"One year quest."

I curse under my breath. The door to the guild opens. A blonde haired girl in a pink dress holding a wooden case bigger than herself walks in. Apparently the girl is here for Lucy. They start talking about something and the girl suddenly starts crying.

My ears hurt. I walk away and sit in the corner of the guild. The crystal charm heats up under my shirt. I fish the necklace out and look at it. The runes on my body glow slightly. 

"It's been two years . . . still not stable?" I murmur to myself.

A long sigh escapes my mouth and I get into position to meditate. With my legs crossed, coat off and runes exposed, I erect a dome around so people can't disturb me. I put both index and middle fingers together, draw a half moon and then aim the fingertips towards the ground.

The runes on my body light up and disperse the other tattoos. They project off my body and realign themselves in the air into one image. A projection of the word 'Seal' in one of the oldest magic languages. Once the image anchored itself securely with the magic around, it projects back onto my body.

My body jolts and the crystal glows a satisfied purple. The dome dissipates and I slump over.

-Timeskip brought to you by Gray slipping on his discarded pants-

Your P.O.V.

"Hey. Hey!" 

Somebody's shaking my shoulder. My head lolls around and I lift myself up slowly. As my vision clears, I see Natsu standing in front of me with Happy on his head. I stretch and pop my joints.

"What time is it?" 

Natsu looks up in thought, "Dunno. You've been sleeping here for a long time."

"Sorry." I chuckle, "I didn't mean to."

"We couldn't wake you up for the past two days." Natsu says concerned.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about the side effects of that." I murmur to myself.

He grins, "You've got some cool tattoos though."

"Oh these?" I ask pointing at my shoulders, "These are actually runes."

"Huh? Why did you draw runes all over yourself?"

"They're seals to dampen my magic or else things can become disastrous." I laugh, telling a half- truth.

Natsu nods and Happy comes flying into my chest.

"(Y/n)!!! Natsu is being a meanie and won't let me get food!!" He cries.

"Hehe. Okay, lil guy, lemme get you some fish, how about that?" 

Immediately his face brightens up, "Really?"

"Yep." I get up and pull on my coat, "Come on."

The sudden sound of metal hitting wood rings in my ears. Both myself and Happy turn around to see an artifact spinning on the floor and then righting itself. Yellow text starts to appear and run up the shaft.