Chapter 6: Unfinished Business

***
"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

"It is time for the long awaited S-Class mage selections." announces Master Makarov, walking to the stage.

***

The guild members gather around the stage eagerly waiting for him to announce the contenders for this year's S-Class mage trials. Happy was hovering next to Natsu, who is standing with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face.

"Ahem. I shall now announce the candidates for this year's S-Class mage Advancement Exam." Makarov says proudly, "This year's exam will take place on Tenroujima Island. The holy ground of our guild."

The guild erupts in rambunctious cheers, causing (Y/n) to bolt up and swing her head wildly in panic. The sudden movement startles Cana, who was nearly knocked onto the ground. 

"Oi, (Y/n)!" yells Cana, grabbing onto her shirt.

(Y/n) blinks sluggishly and then pulls Cana into her by her waist, "Oops, sorry."

Her eyes glaze over as she leans her head into her arm, which was resting on the back of the seat. Cana was resting comfortably in (Y/n)'s chest, held securely in place by her other arm.

"There will be eight contestants this year." reveals Makarov, looking out to the crowd, "The first one is . . . Natsu Dragneel!"

At the mention of his name, (Y/n) launches out her seat, rudely startling Cana again.

"Yesss!! Let's go, Nii-San!" She cheers loud and still drunk.

Natsu beams proudly as (Y/n) gets wrestled back down by Mirajane and Cana to sit quietly. (Y/n) ends up on Mirajane's lap, who has her arms around her waist holding her tightly in place. Mirajane scolding her to apologize to Cana for launching her off the seat again.

"Gray Fullbuster!"

"Pfft." scoffs (Y/n) childishly.

"Juvia Lockser!" 

"Oh?" mumbles (Y/n).

"Elfman!"

"Hey, Mira. Your brother made it." chuckles (Y/n) happily, turning around in her lap to face her.

"Uh. . . can you please stop moving?" mumbles Mirajane, shyly.

"Sure." She replies, unaware of the situation she put Mirajane in.

"Cana Alberona!"

At this (Y/n) launches herself out of Mirajane's lap and picks Cana up, putting her onto her lap. 

"My girl made it too!" She cheers, kissing Cana's forehead.

Cana hugs the girl tightly, burying her face in her chest. Mirajane was the only one who catches the gloomy expression on her face before she buried it in (Y/n)'s chest.

"Freed Justine!"

"Oh, hey! I didn't realize you were here." giggles (Y/n).

"Levy McGarden!"

"Oh shit, the squirt too." says (Y/n), "Hey tiny bean, good luck! But you won't beat Natsu! Mwahahaha!"

"(Y/n)-San. . . the test hasn't even started yet." Levy sweatdrops, "Have a little faith."