Chapter 18: Number Six

***
"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

Just before my vision blackens, I watch the cloud fuzz before fizzing out of existence. Maybe I have lived to see another day.

***

Your P.O.V.

I crack my eyes open only to be met with darkness. So I am finally awake or is this another nightmare? The other sounds of breathing and snoring are the only indicators that this was not another repeat of what happened previously. My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden beeping to my right.

"Hmm?" murmurs a groggy voice to my left.

The person gets up and their soft hair tickles my exposed arm. Even squinting, I cannot tell who it is but they let out a small squeak before hurrying out the room. The door opening lets in a flood of light and the soft murmur of people dining. Strange, is this not the guild?

The previous person walks back in accompanied by another set of footsteps. The second one is lighter and smaller. My nose twitches as I smell the air and almost immediately relax. It's Master Makarov, well ex master, and Mirajane. I am alerted to the other four scents in the room. One smells exactly like firewood, Natsu, I'd bet. The other three were Erza, Cana and Happy.

"How are you feeling, child?" Makarov asks softly.

I turn to where I think he is standing, my voice coming out like sandpaper, "Perfectly fine."

I wasn't lying. I felt no pain whatsoever. 

"Hmm. I would've expected you to be tired." He says looking at a monitor.

I blink, "No not at all."

"Well, I placed a rune on your neck to help with your problem." He explains, "You'll be perfectly fine."

"Great." I mutter, sitting up and swinging my legs off the bed.

"Woah woah!" Mirajane scolds, pushing me lightly back onto my pillows, "You better stay in bed, missy."

I pout, "But I want to go out."

"Nuh uh uh. You're staying here until I say it's okay for you to leave." She glares.

"Until who's okay to leave?" asks a groggy Natsu, wiping his eyes before seeing that I'm awake, "Nee-San!"

"Hey, Nii-San." I greet, messing with his hair, "How'd you sleep?"

"Dunno." He says shrugging, "I had a throw down with Gray in my dream. I woke up before I could find out who won."

"It must've been Gray." I smirk, "You woke up so you don't have to be traumatized."

"Y'know what, I'll go test it." He says getting up from his chair and running out the door, "Walking Fridge, fight me!"

"Ara ara, starting fights while still bedridden." Mirajane sighs.

I shrug playfully, "On the bright side, I'm not fighting."

"Who's fighting?" asks Erza, stretching.

"Natsu and Gray." I answer with a cheeky grin.

"Natsu an-" She pauses and her eyes widen, my head slams against her chest, "(N/n), you're awake!"