Chapter 2: Missing

***
"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

"Several citizens have reported them to be terrorizing them and demanding protection fees. I wasn't too sure what was occurring until I was visited by one of the members who proclaimed that they were a dark guild. They mentioned needing 'volunteers' and then two days later, majority of our male citizens went missing even young boys."

***

Your P.O.V

"Is there anyone willing to speak to us and explain what happened to them?" I ask monotone, crossing my arms.

"I can call a town meeting and set up for them to meet you guys." He offers.

"Yeah, I think that will be a good idea, Mr Mayor." agrees Natsu nodding his head.

"Ah, I haven't introduced myself have I?" The mayor laughs embarrassed, "Nice to meet you, I am Mayor Shoto."

"I'm Fairy Tail's Natsu Dragneel." says Natsu proudly, pointing at himself and then to Happy, "And that's my friend, Happy."

"Aye!" Happy lifts his paw. The mayor nods at them smiling and then turns to look at me expectedly.

"(Y/n)." I say simply, "Now when will you be able to call in a town meeting?"

"The earliest will be tomorrow evening, I'm afraid." Shoto apologizes, "But I will arrange for your accommodation and food for tonight, a token of appreciation."

"Thank you." I say, "Can you direct us to the citizens that you say have claimed to say that they were terrorized and threatened?"

"I can, whether or not they will speak to you is not in my control." Shoto threads his fingers together, "Follow me."

Natsu and I follow behind the mayor, who walks us out of his home and towards what looks like a town bar. It wasn't a traditional bar, but a caravan with a countertop bar. I notice that the majority of the patrons were female, confirming what the mayor said about kidnapped male citizens.

"The mayor is here!" 

"Mayor Shoto, welcome!"

"Would you like something to drink?"

"Have you found out about my husbands' whereabouts?"

At that the Mayor holds up his hands and motions to everyone for silence. Slowly but surely the patrons start to quiet down. I spot Natsu attempting to snatch food and bonk him on the head. Happy could be heard giggling behind him.

"My wonderful citizens, I have not come here to drink but to announce that I acquired Fairy Tail mages to come help us with our situation. Natsu and (Y/n) of Fairy Tail would like to speak with those that have come into contact with the dark mages." booms Shoto, "Of course, if you don't feel comfortable speaking about it, you-"

I cut him off rather rudely, "Excuse my interruption, Shoto, but I'm afraid any information we can get on the situation the faster we will be able to resolve it. So unfortunately if you feel uncomfortable, you still have to do it. Remember the lives at stake here, especially if we are dealing with Dark Guilds."