Chapter 9: Lightning

***
"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

"Is it you?!" yells a new voice, atop the ruins.

***

Narrator's P.O.V.

Cana jumps off the ruins, holding her arm out in front of her. It's glowing a bright yellow. Bluenote's eyes widen in recognition and mumbles something to himself. Lucy and Natsu look at Cana in surprise at the incredible sense of magic power.

"You're kidding me. . ." murmurs Bluenote.

Cana starts chanting with her arm held up, "Fairy. . ."

Bluenote throws his hand out immediately, opening a purple magic circle above Cana, causing her to pause, and then dropping his hand. The gravity around Cana suddenly changes and pushes her onto the ground. 

"That magic." says a shocked Carla, "Fairy Glitter?"

"Huh?" exclaims Happy, equally as shocked.

"Lucy. . . I'm sorry I left you behind. I really had no excuse to do that." Cana apologizes, "I'm really sorry."

Lucy says nothing as she continues to stare at Cana.

"But believe me. If I can hit him with this magic, I can beat him." She says confidently.

"Wow!" smiles Lucy, "Did you get it at the grave?"

"Wait what?" exclaims Natsu with a sad face, "You were at the grave?! Don't tell me the exam. . ."

"Let's put that aside for now." Cana says, "Help me beat this guy, Natsu."

Natsu makes a strange noise like he was being strangled.

"Keep his attention while I gather up the magic power. . ." 

Bluenote throws up both his hands in the direction of both Natsu and Cana. Opening two purple magic circles on each side.

"Nobody can stand in my gravity." He says before blasting them apart.

He then makes the gravity where they are so intense that they cannot get up from the ground and walks over to Cana. Bluenote looms over her unmoving body.

"I never thought the magic I was searching for would show up right in front of me." He revels in excitement, "I will be taking that spell."

"Only people in our guild can use it." Cana grits her teeth as she struggles to look up at Bluenote with the gravity forcing her down, "You won't be able to use it!"

"If you trace back the origins of magic, all magic first began with a single spell." He says emotionlessly, "Every type of magic just came from one magic."

"Just one magic?" asks Lucy, also struggling under the immense pressure, "I feel like I've heard that somewhere before. . ."

"Those who get close enough to the depths of magic are able to use every type of magic." Bluenote continues while lifting Cana up into the air with his gravity and crushing her.

She screams in pain as her body spasms.

"Let me ask this instead." He adds, "Can a little girl like you actually use Fairy Glitter?"