Chapter 23: Bones

Narrator's P.O.V.

"It seems like Fairy Tail finally decided to let their strongest mage join the games! Will we finally get to see the renowned Dragon God's true power in all it's glory?!"

"No." The girl answers calmly.

"EH? Why not?"

"For safety purposes, I've bound my magic by seventy percent for the games." She replies with a cold smirk, "But rest assured, I don't intend to lose."

"SEVENTY PERCENT?! Why so much?"

"So that I can give a good battle." The Dragon Slayer explains, "After all nobody wants to see a two second brawl."

"Oh! So the Dragon God likes a good fight as much as we do! Awesome! Let's get the tag games under way then."

Sabertooth's team stare at the dark haired girl with self-satisfied smirks on their faces, the Dragon Slayer returns it with a cold blank stare. 

"First we have Ichiya and Rabbit from Blue Pegasus versus Bacchus and Rocker from Quatro Puppy!"

The rest of the teams return to their bleachers to watch the game go underway. (Y/n) sits on the edge of the side railings, leaning against the wall. Her team outfit consisted of a loose fitting black vest, well fitted combat pants with straps dangling loosely on the sides and a pair of black steel toed combat boots. Like Gajeel, she wore a white headband that kept her hair out of her face, leaving her face tattoos on show.

"You don't care about hiding them anymore?" asks Erza leaning against the girl's leg.

She says, "Nah, I suppose I've accepted there'll always be people who'll be twats about it but the ones who don't, appreciate it."

"Or is it because the she-demon finds them attractive?" the red haired knight teases.

The Dragon God smiles slightly, "You heard that?"

"Nope. She told me the story, relishing in the fact that you got super flustered and adorable." Erza giggles.

She pokes Erza's face, "Oi oi."

"Okay okay. Let's watch Ichiya's match." She laughs, moving (Y/n)'s legs out the way before setting between them using the Dragon Slayer as a pillow.

"Hey hey, isn't that dangerous?" asks Gray, looking at the two of them teetering on the edge.

(Y/n) waves her hand dismissively, "Just watch the game, we won't fall."

The rabbit takes off it's mask to reveal a yellow cat-like version of Ichiya. The crowd collectively pales and Erza faints, causing her girlfriend to panic and shake her.

Some time later . . .

"Down! Quatro Puppy is down!"

Both (Y/n) and Erza's jaws drop at how Ichiya beat Bacchus and Rocker in one move after being thrashed repeatedly. 

"On to the next match. Lyon and Yuka from Lamia Scale versus Millianna and Kagura from Mermaid Heel!"

The crowd cheers loudly for the latter duo even though there were a decent amount of cheers for the former duo.

"Lyon versus Kagura, huh?" Natsu says interested, "This is gonna be interesting."

Suddenly he looks across and sees Sabertooth's Sting smirking down at him. Natsu grits his teeth angrily at the man in return.

"Knock it off, Nii-San." (Y/n) says, "Let's enjoy the match and worry about Saber Scum later."

Natsu nods reluctantly and returns his focus to the tag team battle below. Kagura starts walking away from Millianna, seemingly letting her battle it out against Lyon and Yuka first to gain battle experience. Once the gong sounds, Milliana strikes first with her Cat binding Tube, which unfortunately misses her opponents.