Chapter 24: Dragons

Your P.O.V.

"You left Natsu and them with the military?" Erza asks as I finish explaining what happened after we left with Gajeel.

I shrug, "He was talking so much bullshit but they wanted to stay and listen."

"What if what he was talking about had something to deal with the strange magic power?" She retorts in a whisper.

"Maybe." I say, sitting down next to Laxus, "But I feel like the magic is coming off a person."

The door suddenly bursts open and the group that went out comes inside. Natsu looks a bit worse for wear and Lucy is not among the group.

"What happened?" I ask, getting up, "Why does Natsu have no magic power coming off him?"

"He used magic in front of the Eclipse portal." Gray explains, "He's got Magic Deficiency Syndrome."

"Shit. And Lucy?"

Wendy answers, "They arrested her."

"The royal army arrested Lucy?" asks Erza.

"So they involved Lucy in a plan that we know nothing about . . ." Master says trailing off.

"And the only way we can get her back is to win the Grand Magic Games." Laxus adds.

Gray frowns, "Dunno if we can trust that."

"Course not, Walking Fridge." I mutter, "That Arcadios guy wants to open the portal so I'm thinking he's gonna do it anyway, since he's got Lucy where he wants her."

Natsu starts yelling from his position, tied around a pillar.

"Can it, Salamander." I glare at the boy coldly, "Even if you go now you have no idea where she is. Besides you still have Magic Deficiency Syndrome."

"But-"

"Shut it." I growl, "You cannot go against the kingdom."

"But you can, Nee-San!" He says, struggling against the ropes.

"I don't feel like it." I shrug casually.

"(Y/n) is right. Your opponent is the whole kingdom." Master interjects, "We can think of Lucy as a hostage until the games are over. Don't do anything rash."

"But it makes no sense that they released us after telling us about state secrets." Gajeel says, thinking.

"Maybe it's so we are witnesses that can help convict Arcadios later." Lily answers his partner.

"But why?" Carla asks, "It's information that can be easily spread."

Erza crosses her arms in thought, "Perhaps they don't want to hide it any longer."

Mirajane disagrees, "Gray, you guys are participants of the Grand Magic Games. If you'd all suddenly disappear, people would suspect foul play."

Natsu breaks free of his ropes, "Enough chattin', I'm gonn-"

I sucker punch him in the jaw, Master slams his fist on top of his head.

"Calm down, Nii-San."

"This isn't a festival where the whole family gets captured." Master says, "We all feel the same way."

"The kingdom can do what it wants but we ain't gonna sit here and take it." I add, picking Natsu up and sitting him upright, "We're gonna be smart about this and get Lucy back."

-Timeskip brought to you by Natsu 'skiing'-

Narrator's P.O.V.