Chapter 28: Bounty Hunted

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

"Okay, okay. You're not crying." (Y/n) agrees, bringing the shorter girl into her chest for a hug, "You guys lied, Kagura-Chan is not crying. My turn to smack you guys with plates as revenge."

***

Y/N's P.O.V.

Communications Lacrima?

Check.

Rations?

Check.

List of places to check out?

Check.

Scythe?

Nope. That's by the blacksmith, I must go pick it up before I leave. Now time to get a good breakfast and then leave by foot. I grab my coat and then shoulder my bag. Once I reach the guild, the doors burst open again with a table flying past. I let out a wistful sigh and slide onto a stool.

"Natsu!"

"What, Lucy?"

"We were going to get a job, weren't we?!"

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot!" He laughs.

I smile, "Can I get a steak? A rare one, please."

"Of course, (Y/n)-San!"

It didn't take long before he set down a plate of steak with sides. I toss him a coin pouch and then devoured my meal.

"Elf-Nii-San! Don't do that, you'll hurt him!"

"Move Lisanna!"

This guild just won't have a calm day huh? A wrapped bento sits itself down in front of me. I look to see Erza staring at me with a soft look in her eyes.

"For the road."

I nod and put it away, "Thank you, love."

"You should say goodbye to Mira and Cana. They'll be upset if you leave without a word." She warns.

I stand up, "Okay, I'll do just that. Will you get them for me? I need to go get something from the guild blacksmith, I'll meet you all at the guild doors."

"Okay, I'll see you in a few." She nods.

I leave, my coat billowing behind me, and take the alley to the workshop. The yellow haired blacksmith sees me and immediately goes to the back and returns with my scythe in his hands, polished and sharpened.

"Here you go, (Y/n)-Sama." He says proudly.

I take it with both hands, "This is marvelous, how much do I owe you?"

"No." He shakes his head vigourously, "Free of charge!"

"I can't do that, Blacksmith-San." I disagree and pull out a coin pouch, "Take it."

I put the bag in his hands and leave the shop to head back to the guild. As organised, Erza, Mira and Cana were standing at the doors. I wave to them and they meet me halfway.

"(Y/n) . . ."

"I know I know. I'll come back in one piece, I promise." I reassure them, "It's just investigating."

"With you, the unexpected always happens." Cana scoffs.

"Can't argue with that." I chuckle, pulling her in for a hug, "I'll stay as safe as I can be, don't worry."