Chapter 10: Realization

***
"Talking"

"Talking telepathically"

Thoughts

'Saying a move'

***

Previously on Fairy Tail: The Elemental Slayer:

Laxus is shrouded in electricity and stares menacingly at Hades. I flip myself over and push myself up just in time to see Laxus head butt Hades, knocking him back.

***

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Pitiful. . . Looks like this guy wiped the floor with all of ya." comments Laxus, giving the enemy an once over.

Natsu cracks a smile and says, "No kidding."

"Why are you here?" asks Gray, looking up.

"Came to visit the founder's grave." replies Laxus, still facing the enemy, "I used to be in Fairy Tail, if you remember."

"Have to say, I didn't think I'd be seeing your face again this soon." chuckles (Y/n) lowly.

Laxus ignores her, "I came to see Mavis' grave. And looky what I found. . . the second Master is here too."

(Y/n) shrugs and starts meditating to gather magic for healing.

"Since you're here and all, maybe I'll make you a grave too!" sneers Laxus, lightning sparking and zapping around him.

"Hmph." scoffs Hades, unimpressed, "Never thought the boy would have such a stuck-up grandkid."

Hades starts flaring his magic, causing a veil of purple to flow around him. The two seem to flare their auras in a competition. Suddenly, both auras go away and Laxus launches himself at Hades as a bolt of lightning.

The speed of light allows him to get many hits in with a lightning infused fist. His attacks send Hades flying and Laxus follows up, using his speed advantage, to blast Hades' head into the wooden floor before punching him again.

Hades jumps out of the way of Laxus' follow up attack and lets out an 'hmph' evaluating Laxus' prowess.

"I'm impressed that the boy had someone other than Gildarts at this level." Hades muses, "Although I haven't seen someone as powerful as (Y/n) in her healthy stage yet."

"Wait." Laxus turns to (Y/n) for a moment, "You are injured?"

"Uh huh. Been injured for a while now." She responds, drawing the last bit of healing magic from the air and standing up, "For the lack of better words, Death Magic deterioration . . . from Zeref, I think."

"Zeref?!" exclaims Laxus, in surprise, "You're injured injured, huh."

(Y/n) gives a sharp nod of her head, "Although you might need a hand soon."

"I got this." Laxus assures turning back to Hades, who had just watched the exchange in silence, "Y'know the old man once told me that, 'It don't matter how strong the guy is. What's more important is standing up to him.' Ain't that right, Natsu?"

"Laxus." replies Natsu, looking at him with a look.

"Foolishness." scoffs Hades, disappointed, "Sounds like a excuse of a weakling to me. You've had a chance to warm up, yes? Now come at me, youngster."