Chapter 25: Dragon Slaying

Narrator's P.O.V.

"Wendy." (Y/n) roars over the explosion, "I'm taking this guy away, you protect the others."

"Okay!" She shouts back.

The older Dragon Slayer summons shadow hands that grab onto the white dragon and flings it away. (Y/n) flies after it, adding follow up attacks that barely scratch the dragon's body. She grits her teeth and fires off a beam of fire. The dragon beats it away with its wings. The gale force of the air it made, makes (Y/n) backflip away.

"So it's a Sky Dragon, huh." She mutters, "Say do you know Grandine? She's a Sky Dragon, like you!"

The dragon doesn't answer her but sends another wind attack, making the girl fly into a building. She prepares to fire off black lightning, only to jump out the way of an incoming wreaking ball-like tail.

"Bastard! Who let you crash the party?!" She growls, "Iron Dragon's Sword."

Her arm transforms into an iron sword and clinks uselessly on the brown dragon's body. It roars and swings its tail again, this time (Y/n) grabs onto it and flings herself onto the dragon's body.

"Rocks, eh?"

She jams her iron sword arm between the rocks, which were providing the dragon armor. It roars in defiance and starts shaking violently to throw the Dragon Slayer off it's body. She smirks and shoves the sword deeper into the dragon's flesh to prevent herself from being thrown off. The white dragon joins the fight and beats its wings, causing gale force winds once more.

It succeeds in throwing (Y/n) off the brown dragon and into a nearby rubble pile. She tuts and pushes the rubble off her. Once she steps back onto even ground, the floor freezes over and she slides across, narrowly avoiding the wreaking ball-like tail.

"It's like my Ice Dragon's Hell Frost." She notes, rapping her knuckles against the frozen solid ground.

An ice breath attack hits slightly behind her, making her roll forward to avoid the impact. A light blue dragon joined the fray. (Y/n) frowns and faces the three dragons, who were now surrounding her.

"Maybe challenging four dragons wasn't my smartest decision." She sweat drops with a smirk.

The blue dragon fires off another ice breath attack. (Y/n) jumps out the way only to go directly into the blast to avoid the rock dragon's spiked tail. Her body starts getting numb all over and small ice crystals form on her skin.

"Shit. I'm gonna turn into a popsicle." She panics, forcing fire through, "Sword Horn of the Fire Dragon."

Flames generate under her feet and propel her at the ice dragon. She kicks out with her leg shrouded in flames, directly into the dragon's snout. It jerks its head slightly before brushing the girl away with its claw. The wind dragon beats its wings, making a cold breeze go through the air.

"Uhhh, somebody turned the heater off . . ." (Y/n) mutters with a runny nose, her body wet from the melted ice.

She blasts fire full force to warm herself back up. The rock dragon swings its tail once more. The Dragon God jumps aside and lobs a fireball at the ice dragon before making the clouds thunder. The wind dragon is struck with a face full of lightning.

"Iron Dragon's Sword!" She chants again, jamming it into the underbelly of the rock dragon.

It roars in agony and stands up on its hind legs. A claw reaches in to grab her.

"Oh. Wait wait!" She says panicked, wiggling trying to pull her sword out.

The dragon grabs her and flings her towards the wind dragon, who lets out its breath attack. (Y/n) spins around in a violent tornado, which strangely starts heating up. Soon it's a tornado made entirely of flames. She grits her teeth and struggles to move her arms from the gale wind pressure.