CHAPTER-2

"Mannu tintiva...kanne gunde prema layala mridanganiva..." Everyone turned hearing the voice to see Aarya getting onto the dias and Geetha joined along with her best friend making everyone give a big round of applause as the song ended.

           "The department toppers Rohan from Mechanical, Arjun from Electrical, Madhu from Electronics, Geetha from Civil, Aarya from Computer Science" Principal announced and the toppers took their degree with big grins on their faces.

           "Now it's time for the university topper of batch 2017-2021 Ms. Aarya Nissankara" Principal announced making everyone stand and clap as Aarya walked to the chief guest.

          "Congratulations" Suhasini shook Aarya's hand and narrowed her eyes while she handed the degree. The photographer, Geetha and Arya's mom Kalyani clicked the photo of her's while Sushasini continued "That was a kind thing you did back there your parents must be proud of you. Are they here? Where are you from anyway?"

           "Thank you mam. And yes my mom's here. I'm from your side of village too. Shivapuram" Aarya said politely and when Suhasini heard the village name her face morphed into blankness and she took a step back.

            All noticed this and Principal led Aarya down the dias noticing Suhasini's expression. Suhasini immediately got down and walked out of the auditorium along with her PA and security. Aarya was still looking at her retreating back as her mother asked what happened?