CHAPTER-54

Hari opened the door due to the continuous knocks and was surprised to see Aari "Aari what are you doing late at night? Come in" saying Hari closed the door behind her.

"What are you doing here at this time? Don't you know that you shouldn't roam at night especially when you are a girl?" Kalyani scolded.

"Ma...please I just wanted to see you both. I miss you so much and all I wanted was to spend a night together like a normal family eating and joking. Come on let's eat I miss your hand made food" Aari whined and started serving them and served herself.

"Aari..." Hari started while Aari is mixing her rice and curry "How long has it been since you had a real meal?" making Aari stop before the morsel could touch her lips.

Kalyani looked between her husband and daughter and saw tears in Aari's eyes "Your father asked something answer him."

"Three days" Aari said making Hari close his eyes in pain and said "Have your food and we'll talk later"making Aari dig into her dinner.

After dinner Aari stood looking at her childhood pics when Hari asked "Why did you marry Siva?"

"I wanted to be queen" Aari said making him smirk.

"You know I can tell if someone's lying. So I'll ask you one last time why did you marry him?" Hari asked loosing his patience.

"I alrea-" Hari shouted cutting off Aari "You very well know that the lies you tell will risk your life in near future now tell me Aarya what did Suhasini Devi say to make you the bride instead of Saumya" making Aari and Kalyani jump in fear.

Aari started sobbing while Kalyani asked "Aari please tell me why did you do it?"

"When Saumya was getting ready Suhasini mam told me about the curse that if Saumya marries Siva she'll die because of the curse on their family. That is the reason Gayatri aunty died and all the daughter in laws before died and she doesn't want her daughter to die because she is the one who'll be the cure of the curse" Aari explained as tears started rolling down her cheeks.

Kalyani and Hari were shocked and asked "And you taking her place will not kill her? What about you then? You will die instead of her, didn't you think of that?".

"My mind was blank all I could think was about Saumya and Siva. They love each other. After Gayatri aunty died Siva was distant from everyone and Saumya was the one who brought him out of his shell. I didn't want him to lose Saumya too because...." Aari trailed off.

"Because you love him and you were ready to sacrifice yourself" Hari completed making Kalyani cry and look at their daughter.

'Suhasini Devi you have played well but not fair. Once you know the truth you'll be the first one to shatter' Hari thought and went out ignoring the mother and daughter calls to stop him.