CHAPTER-35

The five days has gone like five hours. All the rituals were done in a fast-forward motion but according to tradition. Then again today is their marriage and everyone was doing lot of works. Palace staff was busy doing last touchups for the rituals and decorations while bride and bride groom were getting ready.

First Siva came and sat on the mandapam and started doing pooja and then poojari garu called Saumya who came in a red bridal saree and sat beside the groom. They both smiled at each other and performed the rituals when it's time for the main event poojari garu asked both of them to change into talambrala dustulu.

 They both smiled at each other and performed the rituals when it's time for the main event poojari garu asked both of them to change into talambrala dustulu

Both of them went to their respective rooms and changed their clothes. Suhasini covered her daughter in chunni saying "You are the most beautiful bride I've ever seen till date..".

When poojari garu called the bride Suhasini took her out and made her sit opposite to Siva. They poured akshintalu in agni gundam then poojari garu gave them jilakara bellam and asked them to put on each others head which they followed immediately.

"Ayya! Tie this mangalasutram around the bride's neck and make her sadvi" Poojari garu instructed. Siva stood up and showed the nupital chain to everyone before tieing three knots around the bride's neck.

After Siva sat poojari garu gave kumkuma box asking him to apply it on his wife's hairline which Siva did and then both of them stood up doing the aedu adugulu. After that Sadananda came forward and knelt infront of his niece and kept her right foot on his tigh which held beetle leaf.

Siva put on the metallu on the brides index toe finger of both her legs. Then they saw arundati nakshatram together. Then they took poojari garu's blessings while he said "Your marriage is completed. May mahadev bless you both with a long life together with kids, happiness and prosperity."

Both of them started taking blessings from their family. When it's Siva's parents turn they both touched their feet . Meena felt wet on her feet and lifted Saumya by her shoulders and looked around before slowly unveiling her face.

Meena and Shankar widened their eyes which made others look in the direction of their sight. Everyone in the hall stood in shock and Siva was blank but everyone can see the anger & anxiousness in his eyes.

"A..Arya?" Kalyani was flabbergasted.