CHAPTER-28

"Ma..." Aarya called sitting at the dining table for dinner while Kalyani was serving her making her stop in middle and look at her daughter while Aari continued "I didn't kill Gayatri aunty it's not my fault. I was just trying to save her that day from fire. I really didn't kill her" as the tears started rolling down her cheeks continuously.

Kalyani hugged her daughter to her wiping her tears and consoled "I know you were trying to save her everyone in the temple saw that okay. I believe you, everyone believes you" making Aari shake her head.

"No..Kes-....Siva doesn't believe me. He thinks that I killed his mother and he..he hates me so much" Aari stuttered sobbing holding her mother tightly while Kalyani closed her eyes who couldn't see her daughter in pain.

Meena stood statue still with tears in her eyes outside Nissankara's house listening to Aari's sobbing and looked at Siva who's beside her like a stone with a blank face.

"How many years will you blame her? It wasn't her fault Siva please try to understand. What's gotten into you? " Meena asked making him clench his jaw and pushed the door open making the mother and daughter jump.

Both of them wiped their tears and Kalyani turned towards them inviting them "Prince Siva..Rani Meenakshi Devi please come in".

"It's ok. Tomorrow's Shivaratri as every year our temple is going to celebrate it and as our families protectors you should also join" Siva said and went to start the car.

Meena neared Aari and wiped the remaining tear strains and shook her head saying "He'll know trust me when he knows he'll regret every word he said" with a nod she went back to the car where Siva is waiting.