CHAPTER-41

The next day the workers were loading the pooja samagri into the trunk of the car when Siva got into car and drumming his fingers on the steering wheel waiting impatiently for Aari to come.

                   'How much time will this stupid girl take to get ready?' Siva thought and turned towards the front door of the palace and saw her walking out in a light green net saree with a sleeveless blouse which made him narrow his eyes as she got into the car.

                   "Stop staring if someone sees they might think you are actually falling for me" Aari teased him making him scoff and start the ignition.

                   "In your dreams. Have you even looked at your face in the mirror anytime? You and your beehive hair.." making her look at him with open mouth but continued "And that oily face and shorty you look like a mother of two kids hell even I should call you aunty don't you think? It will be right."

                     "Aunty....you..then you'll be uncle too because you married this aunty" Aari huffed making his hold tighten on the wheel as realised what she said.

                    "You married me I didn't marry you" Siva gritted his teeth.

                     "This says the other way" saying she showed the mangalasutram hanging on her neck.

                      "Trust me! I'm trying every possible way to get rid of that and you" Siva clenched his jaw.

                      After an hour drive Siva parked the at the outskirts of the forest and both of them got out. Siva opened the trunk and took out two bags and handed her each one in each hand making her knees bend due to their weight and locked the car before started walking in front of her leading the way towards the temple.

                     "Carry one bag. I'm not your slave" Aari shouted from behind him making him roll his eyes still walking.

                     "You are my wife and you should listen to your husband so carry them and carry them back tomorrow too" saying he started walking faster and Aari struggled to match his pace. After nearly walking for miles from three hours they saw the ammavari temple and Aari put the bags aside and collapsed on the rock breathing hard.

                    The temple was full of dust and dry leaves and shabby spider webs. Siva completed the water bottle not even giving her a sip and threw it aside. She closed her eyes licking her dry lips and got up putting the bags on the ground and started sweeping the temple then she went to the nearby lake and bought water in an old pot and cleaned the temple and ammavari statue.

                     By the time she cleaned and arranged all the pooja samagri the has set on the west side. Siva just put saapa on the ground and slept under a big banyan tree while she worked. She gathered some bamboo sticks and put three rocks around them and lit a fire with the help of a matchbox.

                      She placed a bowl and poured the ingredients she bought from the palace and started cooking paayasam as prsadam for the godess. The aromatic smell woke Siva from his nap and made him look at her who was looking so tired but he didn't care and slept without dozing off observing her from the corner of his eye.

                        Aarya lit diyas in the temple and then put prasadam in front of ammavari statue and then gave aarati before praying 'Amma you know why I did what I've done just help me in this matter all I ask is just don't let anything happen to anyone.'

                         She served the remaining prasadam in two plates and handed it to Siva who looked at it and her then went to his nap place and took the saapa placed it on the dias of the temple and slept silently which made Aarya's hunger die and slept without eating far away from him.