Chapter Thirteen

Driving back to Tennessee with Damon? Best idea I have ever had because the entire time we laughed and had a great time.

"Tell me stories of when you were human." I suddenly said out of the blue.

"I would probably bore you to death with those stories."

"Good thing I already died." I smirked at him. He glanced at me from the driver's seat and shook his head, but I could see the little laugh that he struggled to hide from me. "Please Damon." I gave him my best puppy-dog face. He looked at me from the road and sighed.

"Fine." He sighed once again. In victory, I clapped my hands quietly and turned my full attention towards him. "I lived in 1864. That's also when I died. When I was younger my mother got sick and Stefan didn't handle it very well. One day I went to go see her and she was gone. My father, Giuseppe Salvatore, sent her away from us." I could feel the sadness emanating from him. This poor guy had been through so much in his one-hundred and seventy years of being alive. "After all the doom and gloom, I decided to join the confederate army during the civil war," He explained. I always thought that history was an interesting subject, so I was engrossed into his story. To know that he lived through the battles and saw all the death and the men just fascinated me. "When I got back, I was greeted by Stefan, but a new face was around. She was beautiful and charming. I liked her from the moment I first laid eyes on her." I couldn't help, but feel a little jealous as I heard him talk about this woman. Every now and then he would glance at me during his story, I guess to make sure I was still paying attention, and I was, but I found every time he turned I would stare into those amazing eyes of his. "When she told me her secret, I wasn't afraid, but that's when the trouble started. I found out she was with Stefan every night she wasn't with me," My jealousy was rising and I hoped he couldn't see it spreading across my face because he wasn't mine to be jealous over. "The purge of Mystic Falls happened."

"That's when twenty-seven civilian lives were lost in the church right?" So what, googling about a place your only sister lives in is illegal? I read all about Mystic Falls and its history.

"Right," he nodded. "But they weren't just civilians. They were vampires and the town set the church on fire to try and kill them. The night I died is the night Katherine was taken to that church." Katherine?

"Katherine? Was that the girl you fell in love with?" I asked concerned noticing his voice beginning to sound more sorrowful as the story went on. The feeling I have in the pit of my stomach from asking that very question, made it flip and turn, but I honestly couldn't understand why. I mean I know I have feelings towards him, but how far do they really go? Blair would absolutely kill me if we were anything more then just friends. Speaking of Blair, I have to call her and make sure she's alright. "Oh! I need to call Blair and find out how she's doing!" I panicked. It had been a day since I had seen her in the hospital, and the doctor wanted to keep her for a few more tests just to make sure she was alright. The phone rang and rang until I finally got an answer.

"Blair's phone, how can we help you?"

"Stefan?" I asked. Damon glanced at me from the corner of his eye confused. "Why do you have Blair's phone?"

"She's a bit busy at the moment." He laughed.

"Stefan who's on the phone?" I heard my sister's voice through the speaker of the phone. I heard shuffling and mumbling on the other end of the phone call. "Arie?" Blair asked.

"Hey Blair. What's going on over there?"

"Oh nothing, just Stefan and I messing around." She laughed. I'm glad to hear that she feels better than she did before Damon and I left to head back home.