Chapter Four

Driving to dad's place was making me even more nervous than I was on the way to this tiny town. We were staying with Elena, which is strange because dad lives here, but I guess it's okay because I'd love to hang around and get to know Elena a little more. She seemed sweet and caring, which is great because that's how I was with people.

"So dad will probably ask why we're not staying at his, but just say that Elena wanted to get to know you, which is actually true. She would not shut up about you coming this weekend at school." Blair complained. "I mean even Alaric got tired of it."

"Who?"

"Oh, Ric. He's our history teacher, but he's cool and hangs around with Elena, Stefan, Jeremy, and all of us. I think he's dating Jenna, but Elena and I don't know yet, we're still investigating." Blair laughed. So Ric is a teacher, check. Elena and Stefan are either best friends or dating, probably the second one because they are really cute together. Lucky girl, Stefan is amazingly hot. Jeremy is Elena's little brother and I still have no idea who Caroline, Bonnie, Matt and the other one are. Maybe I'll meet them tonight.

"So where exactly do you guys live in the desolate town?" I asked staring at tons and tons of trees making up the dense forest that surrounded Mystic Falls.

"Just a little outside of the town square, not far from Elena's."

"Elena seems real nice. Jeremy's a cutie." I smirked at my blushing sister.

"Yeah he is, but he's too young. He's a freshman and I'm a junior. A little strange if you ask me." I laughed at her excuse. "What is so funny you hooker!"

"I'm not a hooker! You're the one who's trying to get some from a freshman! You're a damn cougar!"

We laughed until ours eyes were watering and our sides hurt. I missed us laughing like this because it made me feel loved more than mom and dad did when they going through the divorce. We pulled up to the house and I gazed at it in amazement. This place was huge! It looked like a mansion out of my dreams. Two stories with a ton of windows lining the walls and the brick on the outside the dark shade of red that I love. The large white pillars on the front gave the house a little elegance, kind of like Elena's.

"You live here? This place is gorgeous!"

"I know right? Dad said we're like connected this "founding family" that used to live here a hundred years ago." Blair said nonchalantly.

"Wow. How come we did know this until they got a divorce?"

"Dad said he didn't care because he had us and mom. I guess he didn't plan on losing mom to Allan." She said. Well that was sweet and all, but still which family are we connected to?

"So which family do we belong to?"

"Well, I know of the Lockwoods, who are the mayors of Mystic Falls, the Forbes who are the enforcers of law, then the Fells who have a man by the name of Logan Fell, or Scumfell as Jenna likes to call him." I burst out laughing. I don't know why I thought that was so funny maybe it was because it reminded me of something I would probably say.

"So did Jenna date him or something?" I asked still laughing.

"Yeah I think so. Anyway, and the last but not least our lovely Salvatores."

"As in Stefan's last name? He's a founding family member?" Did not see that coming. "What about Elena's family?"

"Oh! Yeah, the Gibert's are one too. I forgot about them!" Blair exclaimed. There's a lot of founding families here. So maybe like five percent of the town isn't related somehow. Dating must suck here.