Chapter Fifteen

As I lay on the tile floor gasping for air, like a fish out of water, I could hear Allan's heartbeat fading and fast. I held onto the stake that was scraping my heart. Damon looked at me with worry and then the stake that was sticking out of my chest. I pulled on it, only to scream as I felt the wood splinters near my heart.

"Please Damon," I begged. "Help him...I'll handle this myself." I said trying to pull out the stake myself once again, but to no avail. At the sound of hands clapping together, I quickly turned my head and stared at Klaus. "What do you want?" I cried in pain. Klaus came over to me and Damon. He squatted down near me and put his hand on my cheek. As his lips parted to say something, I heard my mother coming up the stairs. Klaus gave me a sadistic smile and vampire sped towards the opening of the stairs and waited for my mother make an appearance.

"Arielle? What's going-" My mother's words were cut short by the sickening snap of her vertebrae.

"No! Mom!" I cried as the tears I'd been holding back began to flow free down my face. Damon held on to me as I tried to rush to her, but with the stake still grazing my heart, one move and I might not be alive anymore either. "You son of a bitch!" I yelled at Klaus. He smiled at me again and then pinned me to the wall. I struggled in his grasp, but before I could even blink, he had ripped the stake from my chest cavity. I fell to the ground as Klaus backed away from me. "What. Do. You. Want?" I asked angrily. This bastard had killed both my mother and my step-father, and still hadn't answered what he wanted from me.

"Simple love. I want you to take me to your sister." He said before zooming towards me and with the sound of a snap, everything went dark.

Damon's POV

"Arielle!" I yelled rushing toward her. Klaus snapped her neck to get a point across, but what that point was I have no idea. "Why the hell did you do that?" I asked as I brushed some of her long dark hair away from her face. She looked like she was sleeping, but with the giant red, blood stain on her shirt I would think she was dead. I keep forgetting that she's an undead vampire. I could still worry about her though, right?

"I need you to take me to her adorable sister. What's her name? Blair?" He said cocking his head to the side at me.

"I'm not taking you anywhere near her." I guarded.

"Ah. Now I see what I've stumbled on."

"What are you talking about?" I asked becoming easily annoyed.

"You're in love with her mate. Oh, wait no. You can't be because you just practically confessed your feelings towards young Arielle. Or do you care for them both?" Klaus said smirking at me. "I will say mate. Katerina has taught you more than you realize." He did not just compare me to Katherine. "So I will say again. Take me to Blair or you will never see Arielle again." I looked at him confused. Arielle was lying on the ground, unconscious, thanks to him. He walked towards Arielle when I didn't answer, and swiftly cradled her in his arms. I cringed on the inside seeing how fragile and limp she looked, but in my head I knew she would wake up in a couple of hours.

"Put her down." I said hastily. "I'll take you to Blair, but please just leave Arielle alone." I begged.

"There's a good lad." He smiled. "Here you can take her to the car as I clean up our little mess here." He said putting Arie in my arms. She flopped around as I walked down the steps, careful not to drop her or make her hit her head anywhere.

Reaching the car, I opened the back door and carefully and placed Arie on the seat. Once I had her settled, I pulled out my phone and called Blair.

"Damon?" She said. I couldn't help but smile as I heard her voice for the first time in awhile. "Hello?"

"Blair, are you with Stefan right now?"

"Yeah he's right here, why? Where's Arielle?" She asked panicked. It was a little out of the orthodox for me to call her now-a-days.

"She's fine. She's...sleeping." I hesitated. "Put me on speaker." I heard the phone shuffle in her hands.

"Okay. Now what's going on Damon?" She asked. I could just imagine her nostrils flaring as she's becoming more agitated and worried.

"We're about to head back, but be prepared because-" I couldn't finish my sentence as my phone was ripped out of my hand by Klaus and tossed across the yard. "Hey! You owe me a new phone!" I said. This bastard just broke my damn phone.

"I can't have you giving away my secret now can I?" He said as he moved towards the passenger side of the car. As I entered the car, I saw Klaus staring at Arielle for some weird reason.

"Why are you staring at her like she's the last piece of pie at thanksgiving. It's kind of creepy and I can tell you for a fact that she's not going to like it." I smirked as I pulled out of the drive. Klaus never answered me, but instead he just kept looking straight ahead.

Blair's POV

"We're about to head back, but be prepared because-" His voice cut off as I got a beep in my ear.

"Damon? Hello?" I said panicked. "What the hell?"

"What did he mean be prepared?" Stefan asked. I heard the door to the boarding house open and close.

"What's going on?" Elena asked strolling over to us.

"I don't know. Damon called me saying that we had to be prepared, but then the call just cut off." I explained. "What do you think he meant?" I asked looking at them both.

"Whatever it is, let's hope it's nothing to worry about." Stefan laughed. I smiled and walked over to Damon's liquor stash. His Bourbon was amazing, I know what I'm getting him for his one-hundred seventy-first birthday.

Damon's POV

I kept glancing at Arielle through the rear-view mirror to find every time I checked, she was still out cold.

"I can tell you care for her mate. The way your heart is racing at the mere thought of her being dead for so long." Klaus said smirking at me.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I don't care about her and she doesn't care about me."

"That's not the impression I got from the little scene you both had in her old bedroom." His british voice began to become real annoying the longer we stayed in this small space.

"Sue us. We had a moment." I argued. Before he could answer, we both heard a soft groan from the back seat.

"Damon?" Arielle croaked. "My neck is killing me." She complained. I put my hand out behind me for her to grasp and she did. Maybe this wasn't a good idea, but I had to say something for this british jackass to shut up. I cared about Arielle, deeply, but there was also a part of me that cared for Blair too. Klaus could tell I was torn by the way he kept looking between the two of us.

"Sorry about that love. Had to get you to shut up some how." Klaus laughed. I felt Arie's hand tense around mine as she realized his presence.

"What the hell are you doing here?!" She screamed.

_________________________

So just a filler! Sorry it's so short, but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging! So this story has almost 700 views? Thanks guys! It means a lot! 😘