Chapter One

I missed having my sister around here. Maybe I should call her? No because then she'll try and get me to come see her and this place she's living at. Why did she and dad have to move so far away? I have never even been outside of Tennessee, let alone going to Virginia! Well, I did remember mom telling me about a time when we lived in this place called Mystic Falls, but I was only one or two. Blair and I were partners in crime. No matter the mess I made she would always be the with me and stick up for me. I really do miss her. I heard my phone going off.

Long live the reckless and the brave!

"Hello?"

"Arielle!"

"Blair!"

"Oh, I miss you sis. You would love this high school! everyone is really cool and laid back here."

"Really? Dad didn't make it seem that way. Plus, you know I can't leave mom alone."

"Mom wants you to have a fresh start Arie. Dad and I think it would be great! Plus we'll be together again, like always partners in crime right?" I smiled. That did sound good. To have my sister back and my dad? The only thing keeping me in Tennessee is mom, but what will she do without us? Well, she could go out, get drunk, dance the night away with some stranger, and then end up bringing him home and, you know what? Let's not go into that subject.

Gross. Just no.

"Arie? Did I lose you?" My sister asked.

"No. I'm still here. Did she really say that?"

"Of course she did. Oh! Stefan has been asking to meet my little sister too."

"You're only older by five minutes Blair!" She likes to think that just because she's five minutes older than me that she can order me around, but that hasn't altered me in any way.

"How about you come to visit next week for spring break? Stefan and his brother are throwing a break party at their place Saturday night. We could have fuuunn." She sang into the speaker.

"Okay, fine I'll be there this weekend." I sighed. "I'll just have to talk to mom about it."

"You're seventeen Arielle. I can just come get you Friday and then we can head back here. Besides I want to see mom anyway."

I twirled my long brown hair between my fingers while I thought about it.

"Okay. Deal." I smiled.

"Great! I'll see you Friday Arie. Love you little sis!"

"Love you too!" I hung up. I guess I'm going to meet Stefan and his brother this weekend. I wonder what they're like?