Chapter Twenty-Two

I looked at Blair with a twinge of hate and regret. She had no remorse for what she had done, but then she still seemed like the same Blair that I had known for a few months now. Although, looking at her now, I couldn't help but just have a nasty mental image of that hybrid bastard all over her.

"What do you mean, Damon?" Stefan asked with a surprised look plastered on his face.

"You heard me Stef."

"Yeah, he heard you, but I don't think he believes you." She smirked towards me. I was sensing the same evilness that the bitch Katherine held, and that was hard to live up to.

"Blair, tell me it's not true and you haven't completely lost your mind!" Elena shouted. Blair just shrugged her shoulders and sauntered towards Arielle. We all stared at her with weary eyes, but no one moved in fear of her retaliation.

"I wish I could Elena, but," she briefly paused to look at me, "I liked it. Having hot steamy hybrid sex in the woods, check that off the bucket list." I tensed once again. She saw it and smiled knowing the reaction she had gotten out of me. I shook my troubled head at her behavior. "What's wrong, Damon?"

"Get. Out." I stated.

"Dam-" Stefan started.

"I said get out, Blair!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. My tight fists couldn't get any tighter. She jumped back from my outburst, but didn't leave. "Blair, don't make do something I will regret." I whispered to her as stared into her cold eyes.

"Fine Damon." She said as she back away from me. She finally left my room and I could breathe easy for a little while.

"What was that all about?" Stefan asked breaking the silence that had enveloped us.

"Nothing." I spoke, not meeting his gaze. Turning, I found myself going for the bed. Seeing Arielle lying on top of the sheets, still not moving and gray, made my heart sink. If her mother was a witch then why is it taking so long for her help bring her back to me?

"Damon. Tell us what is going on." Elena stated placing a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"There's nothing to tell. Having hope just makes the let down harder." I sadly stated.

"No, hope is what gives you drive, gives you passion. Damon please don't let that go, you're so close."

"Close to what, Elena? Close to feeling? Well guess what, I feel. And it sucks." I snapped storming out the room, away from all the doom and gloom.

Arielle's POV

Mom and I have been working non-stop on trying to figure out a spell for her to do to help me come back. The search is becoming short lived though because neither one of us can find anything.

"Ugh! I can't find any damn spell!" I yelled feeling flustered.

"It's okay baby. We'll find it, just have hope." Mom calmed.

"Hope? Mom what good is hope going to do here? I'm stuck here because of my sister! How could I have hope when the one person in this entire world, that I thought I could trust, betrays me?!" Mom's eyes widened at the information I just shared.

"Blair? What do you mean Blair caused you to be stuck here?"

"You didn't know?" I asked. "Mom, Blair basically told Klaus to kill me." She shook her head not believing me.

"No. No, Blair wouldn't do that. She wouldn't tell some hybrid bastard to kill her sister." She said in denial.

"Mom, I swear to you, she did." I said grasping her shaking hands in mine. She began to cry hysterically, but didn't say anything. I just sat there holding her hands in comfort. I didn't know what to say or do, so I just took a deep breath and tried to comfort my mom. "Mom, please. I know it's hard to understand, but I really want to get back to the real world." She nodded and grabbed another book.