Chapter Twenty

Sitting there, watching the scene before them unfold, no one moved towards Klaus and Arielle. Blair still struggled in Damon's grasp, trying to free herself from him to help her sister.

Damon's heart felt as though it was about to explode out of his chest watching the evil dick grab ahold of Arielle's heart and torturing her, right in front of him. He could see the tears of pain well on her eyes as she let all of the feeling, that she had bottled up deep inside of her, release throughout her body. The guilt, the pain, the sorrow, everything that she would feel, besides the anger and hatred, had come flooding back. Damon watched as Klaus moved closer towards his Arie. Knowing that his choice would crush her sister, he knew he would have to hide it until the two solved their difference and fixed their relationship.

"I know you think this is the worst pain love, but just wait it'll get better." Klaus whispered into Arielle's ear as she cringed in pain from him gripping her heart in his hand. She hated the torture that he was putting her through because it was happening in front of her sister and Damon, the guy she really liked. Even though she was a vampire, she knew that it was only an excuse for the actions that she had done. Nothing could replace the void she felt that was her father. She felt the twinge of fear consume her as she stared into Klaus' dark, soul-consuming, eyes. The tears that she shed weren't for father, or her sister, but were for her because she knew that this was the end. Klaus was going to kill her to spite Blair and show her what kind of monster he truly was. Sounds like something Damon would do. Maybe he is part of the Klaus bloodline?

"Klaus, please don't." Blair's voice rang, filled with anger, sadness and fear as she spoke to the ruthless killer or innocent people. "I'm begging you." Klaus turned slowly to see the girl he had grown fond of staring at him blankly. He had expected to see some sort of emotion in her eyes or even her flawless face, but there was nothing. He could only hear it in her smooth voice. It was like she was begging for him to kill her sister with her eyes, but her voice spoke different. He could see that she had stopped her hard struggle against the eldest Salvatore. What was he to do?

"Please Klaus, don't do this." Damon chimed in, making Klaus turn his attention towards him. He could see the torture in Damon's eyes. Oh how he would love to see the impulsive vampire squirm as his young love lies lifeless on the ground, but is that what Blair really wants? Klaus felt conflicted because on one hand, Blair seemed as though she was begging for her sister's life to be over, but that she wanted her alive all at the same time, but then on the other hand, he wanted to watch as Damon's heart crumbled.

"Well mate, letting you have your happy ending would be too easy." Klaus spoke. Damon went rigid and worried. Klaus made a sudden move in Arielle's chest and then it all stopped. Time, life, sound, everything in the world just stopped as Arielle fell to the ground. Klaus smirked at his accomplishment. He looked at his bloody hand and then to Blair who still had a face of stone. She stared at Klaus with eyes of regret, but also admiration. He just turned and walked away in the night. Blair focused her gaze on him as he vanished and then switched to her dead sister lying on the ground, never to wake up and smile again, but most of all never to bourdon her sister with the guilt of their father's death. Blair shook her head at the brokenness of Damon's figure as he held Arielle close to him, begging for her to somehow, magically, wake up and breathe again. She turned, just as Klaus did, and walked away from the grim sight and into the dark woods, that were next to the dark road that the grizzly scene unfolded on, and headed somewhere even she didn't know.

Damon sat there looking at Arielle's gray and veiny complexion that covered her, now, lifeless face. He could feel the tears that threatened to ruin his image of "Bad Boy". He looked up just as Blair was disappearing into the woods, but he didn't make any advances to stop her or go after her. He stared at the now empty space of trees and didn't know what to do. He was afraid to move Arielle because he knew once he picked her up and felt the rag-doll-like effect, he wouldn't be able to handle it.