Chapter Eighteen

"Why don't you tell me more about your life love?" Klaus smiled as we sat in the parlor of the boarding house. I stared at him, a little frightened, but more confused as to why he wanted to know so much about me. I stared at him for a little while before answering.

"Why do you want to know about my life?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest as I leaned into the couch. He just smiled at me and stood.

"Because Blair, you are the spitting image of the lovely Klara. A woman I used to know long ago." He explained. "And before little Arielle turned her emotions off, I gave her a little taste of how my life was in the old days with Klara, Rayna and myself just having fun and going to grand parties." He smirked staring at the wall seeming to remember those days. In this moment, I saw Klaus in a different light. He was caring, loving, and kind. This Klara, changed him as a man and anyone could tell. Some people say you can't change a man who doesn't want to change, but what I can see in this man is someone who hadn't realized she changed him, possibly for the better. Everyone in the house basically stopped and stared like deer in headlights when Klaus made an appearance in the doorway. I will admit, I was scared at first, but now I'm curious to know who this man is and why he seemed so caught up in being all powerful and terrorizing the people he comes across.

"So does that mean that Arielle and I are doppelgängers, just like Elena and Katherine?" I asked truly curious.

"Technically, I have no idea what you two are." He said. I looked at him puzzled and even more curious. "You and Arielle have the features of the sisters, but I never knew them to have children before they became vampires." He said searching his own mind for answers. I could see in his eyes that the gears in his head were turning at high rate. This man had an affect on many people as I've hear from everyone. All I could help thinking was 'Will I be the same?'

As the gears kept spinning and meshing together in his troubled mind, I took the time to try and find a solution on how to help my sister. Arielle didn't deserve to have her emotions taken to where she can't feel the happiness of knowing that Damon has a thing for her, or the fear that we could potentially be doppelgängers just like Elena and Katherine. That scared the hell out of me. What if Arielle turns into the next Katherine Pierce? What if she never turns her humanity back on? Questions without answers filled my already scattered mind. I began to shake with the fear and worry of not knowing whether I'll ever see my happy sister again. I hate to say it, but the monster that had consumed her is horrid and evil.

"What little questions are filling that beautiful head of your's?" Klaus chimed.

"What?" I looked at him surprised. I wasn't expecting the word 'beautiful' to come out of his mouth. "Did you just call me beautiful?" I asked seeming to catch him off guard.

"Is that such a surprise? You are a gorgeous woman Blair. Now I see why Damon likes you so much." He smirked. Damon likes my sister. Doesn't he?

"No, Damon and I are just friends. He likes my sister, not me." I defended, keeping my walls up.

"He made you forget." He muttered. Forget what? I tried to think back to a little earlier, before I found Klaus pinning my sister up to her car. Wait, my sister doesn't have a car?

"What did he make me forget Klaus?" He sat there staring at me. "Tell me!" I yelled. He jumped at my sudden outburst.

"That you love him." He simply said and then walked towards the staircase. My mind began to race. I didn't love Damon? I haven't felt anything for him since I got here. I tried to focus on what Klaus was talking about, but every time I tried to focus on a good memory I had of Damon, they all became fuzzy or grainy like a bad connection on a television screen. That bastard.