Chapter Ten

I held her in my arms on that dark road and just wished that she wouldn't have left Arielle in the Grill. When Arielle texted me, I had this bad feeling that something would happen to her. I was drawn to this girl in some way, but I wasn't sure why. I'm Damon flipping Salvatore, the guy who doesn't care about people's feelings and getting my Katherine back.

I listened to her heart beat fade and fade. I glanced down at her limp body and noticed that there was glass and gravel in her wounds. I could smell the blood coming from her stomach. I caressed her gorgeous brown hair and lifted her head towards me.

"I can't be in a world without you Blair." I said to this "corpse",no she's not gone, not while I'm here. Where's my hero hair when I need it? "Come on Blair, drink it." I begged as I held my bleeding wrist to her beautiful lips that were slightly open and covered in my blood. I noticed that it was flowing down her cheek, I began to panic because I couldn't lose her and I wasn't going to let Arielle go through the pain and suffering of losing a sibling.

I focused on her heartbeat again and there was nothing. I looked at the majestic creature in my arms and knew that I had to save her. Lifting her off of the ground, I sped towards the hospital to get her to Meredith.

"Meredith! Please you have to help her-" I said before she cut me off by talking to the nurse.

"Okay, there looks to be severe blood loss and major trauma to the head. Get her to a surgery room stat." The nurse ran off with her. My instinct was to go and protect her from whatever they were going to do to her, bit sexy-doctor-lady held me back. "Damon she's going to be fine, okay?" She looked at me in the eyes and then ran to save the girl that I was in love with. Wait, what? I didn't love Blair? I only thought about Katherine. Who am I kidding, I do love my Blair-bear. I would do anything for her.
--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--•--

Hours later while I was waiting for someone to tell me anything about her, my prayers were answered. I saw Meredith walking towards me from the hallway where the surgery rooms were. Being a doctor she does well with hiding her emotions. Right now, I knew my humanity was on because my emotions were pouring throughout my entire demeanor.

"Damon-" she began.

"Is she alright? Tell me she's okay." I begged quickly. She looked down and then back up again.

Oh no.

"You got her here just in time Damon, because as soon as we got her back there, she flatlined." Don't tell me that! Knowing that she was dead for even a millisecond scares me. She is only human after all. "You need to call Stefan and her sister and tell them what happened. What exactly did happen Damon?" Meredith interrogated.

"Nothing a pretty little doctor like yourself has to worry about." I said smirking. As I pulled out my phone, I hesitated with calling Arielle. Her sister almost died tonight and it's basically my fault since I'm the one who turned Vicki and she's the one who made Blair flip her car. So, I decided to call Stef first.

"Stefan?"

"What is it Damon?" He answered very snappish. "I thought you took Arielle home?"

"I did.What are you talking about little brother?" I asked confused.
"She standing right here crying her eyes out about someone dying?" What? How could she have known that Blair flatlined in there?

"Let me talk to her Stefan."

"Are you sure Damon? I know how you are when someone else's feelings are involved." What the hell is that supposed to mean? I may not care about people, who don't even matter, feelings. With these two, I can't be insensitive because they bring my humanity out, one more than the other.