Chapter Twenty-one

As I walked through the dark woods, I could see people on the side-walk just talking amongst themselves. I felt lonely because ever since I had been here, I haven't found anyone I knew. It's like when you die, you're cursed to forever live in purgatory alone.

"Arielle?" I heard a voice call from behind me. I slowly turned towards the voice and almost fell to my knees.

"Mom?" I asked in amazement. "How can I see you right now?" The tears were already in my eyes threatening to ruin my make-up.

"What happened honey? Why are you here?" She asked concerned. I didn't answer her, I just ran full force into her body. I embraced my mother for as long as I could. "Oh honey," She laughed as she returned the hug. "I miss you too."

"I don't know what to do mommy." I only called her that when I was scared. It's been that way ever since I was little. I wasn't the normal child that called their mother "mommy" or "mama".

"I'll help you sweetie." She smiled grasping my face in her hands. To just feel my mom hold me again was a feeling I couldn't compare. "Now why are you here? This is a place for supernatural beings that have died."

"I-" I hesitated. How does one tell their mother that they were a vampire before a crazy hybrid, who one was trying to kill, rips out their heart? "Mom, I am, or was, supernatural." I said looking down at out feet.

"What do you mean darlin'?"

"I was a vampire when I was killed." I didn't make eye contact with her at all during my confession.

"Oh honey," she laughed. "I'm your mother, of course I knew that my own daughter had turned into a vampire." She kept laughing at this situation. I looked at her shocked. "When you came to see Allan and I, I could feel that there was something different about you."

"Wait, you said that this was a place for supernatural beings who have died? Why are you here?" I asked.

"Because I was a witch."

Damon's POV

I stared at the nothingness inside of my room. The lamp that was trashed, the crystal glasses that were broken near the fireplace, and all the books, that I had been reading, scattered everywhere along the floor. I guess you could say I was a little upset about everything that's happened. Bonnie had gone downstairs to take a breather from my ranting. Arielle's body, lying still and lifeless, was on my bed. I could still see Klaus ripping out her heart and throwing it away like trash. It was forever etched into my mind and I knew that once we save her from this supernatural purgatory that she was stuck in, I'm going to kill that hybrid bastard.

"Damon?" Someone called, snapping me out of my dangerous thoughts.

"What do you want?" I asked, slightly annoyed by the person standing in my doorway.

"I wanted to make sure-" She began laughing uncontrollably. "I'm sorry, I can't say that with a straight face." Katherine smirked, walking even further into my room.

"And the torture never ends." I sarcastically smiled and raised my glass of Bourbon to my lips. She sashayed over to me and leaned against the mantle of my fireplace with her elbow resting on it.

"Oh come on, she's lying dead on your bed. Klaus killed her by ripping out her precious heart, but you know the person who is actually to blame?" She whispered seductively. I glanced at her for a second and gave her a knowing glare.

"Get out of here Katherine. Why are you here anyway?" I asked annoyed, walking away from her and towards the chair next to my bed.

"I heard from a little bird that two new girls were in town and that Klaus had just killed one of them." She said stepping closer to Arielle's body on the bed. I could feel myself tense up at the sight of the evil bitch inching closer to this girl. "So this is the famous Arielle Faye. Stefan's told me a lot about her." She smirked glancing up at me through he eyelashes.