Chapter Twenty-Five

Waking up with the sun bright in my eyes, I rolled over to get away from it, but found myself rolling onto something hard. Opening one of my eyes, I looked up to see the one person that was great at distracting me from my crazy life: Klaus.

I smiled and snuggled closer to him, not ready to face the world yet. As I finally got comfortable, I had flash images enter my mind like a movie reel.
___________________________

"Oh wow, Nik!" Klara exclaimed with a wide grin. "This amazing!"

"I knew you would like it, love," Niklaus smiled standing a little behind Klara. The garden was decorated according to the theme inside the giant mansion.

There were small lanterns hung throughout the trees, illuminating all around them with a soft glow.

"I'm feeling like a third-wheel right now," Rayna laughed awkwardly glancing between Niklaus and Klara.

"How about I fix that?" A voice joined the beautiful nature sounds that echoed throughout the garden.

"Elijah," Rayna smiled as she turned to face him. He grasped her hand and kissed the back gently making her shiver. Not letting go of her hand, Elijah led Rayna into the garden for a tour.

"He better treat her well," Klara threatened in a light voice, hinting that she was joking. She turned to face Niklaus who had disappeared from behind her. "Klaus?" She called into the night. She heard a gust of wind behind her and turned to see what caused it, but only to be met with a pair lips crashing against hers.

Klaus had caught her by surprise, but she wasn't complaining. She knew her feelings were growing for him, and she wasn't going to fight it.
___________________________
I blinked my eyes as I snapped back into reality. I don't have any idea of what I just saw, but I knew Klaus had something to do with it.

I sat up quick rubbing the sleep dust from my eyes, trying to forget what I had seen. Klaus stirred next me as he awoke to face the day.

"Morning, love," He groggily smiled up at me. As he adjusted his eyes to the morning light, he saw the stress and confusion that had taken over my features. "What is it?"

"I-" I hesitated to answer him. I didn't want anything to ruin what had happened between us last night. "Nothing," I said quickly. He stared at me as though to say 'You're lying', but he didn't question my answer. To distract him further, I leaned down and pressed my lips lightly to his. He caressed my right cheek in his hand as laid me back down on the bed hovering over me. As he kissed me, I realized we weren't leaving this bed for awhile.

Arielle's POV

"I still don't understand how I'm alive if I had my heart ripped out, doesn't that usually kill a vampire?" I asked as Damon made me breakfast in the large kitchen that was barely used. I had a glass sitting in between my hands on the table.

"Well, we don't really know much Arie. All that I care about is that you're back," He smirked at me from the counter as he coated the pancakes he made in whip cream and berries. I smiled as he set the stack in front of me.

"Thank you," I smiled as he sat down with a bourbon in hand. "So what's the plan?" I asked taking a bite out the pancakes.

"We," he smiled as he gestured between him and I. "are going to have a day to relax and not worry about anything or anyone," I began to laugh at his suggestion, but I quickly stopped as images began filling my mind.
___________________________

"Where are you taking me, Elijah?" Rayna whispered as he drug her along a cobblestone pathway.

"Shh, it's a secret that even my siblings don't know about," She couldn't help the smile that enveloped her lips. The thought of Elijah sharing a special place with her thrilled every nerve in her body.