Chapter Seventeen

"I don't love you." Blair robotically repeated. Having enhanced vampire hearing has its ups and defiantly downs. Over hearing what had just happened in His bedroom, my heart sank lower than my stomach and ached like I had never felt before. Knowing that he had just compelled away my sister's love for him made me realize that maybe he wasn't as heart-felt as I thought he was back in Tennessee. I stood from the couch, a little too quickly as I stumbled on my feet. Luckily Stefan was there to break my fall. I looked at him gratefully and then motioned up the stairs. He nodded sadly and that's when I knew he had been listening as well.

I slowly made my way over to the staircase and ascended towards the Devil's Lair. I didn't even bother knocking before I barged in. I found Damon standing by his fireplace drinking, like always.

"Can we talk?" I asked annoyed. He looked at me with guilty eyes.

"When did you wake up?" He asked.

"A few minutes ago." I quickly and dryly said. He just nodded and looked at me up and down, seeming to be worried about my well-being. "When were you going to tell me? Before or after you broke my heart?"

"What?" He questioned acting confused. "Wait, did you hear that?" I nodded slightly. "Arielle plea-"

"Don't Damon! Do you not understand how hard it is to hear that your sister is in love with a guy you care about?! No you don't!" I screamed, not caring if any of the party downstairs heard me.

"You need to listen." He said calmly. The guilt in his eyes turned into alert as he knew my emotions were heightened and I couldn't control them well, just yet. "Arielle I know that was hard. I've lived through it remember? Finding out Katherine only wanted my brother?" He said inching closer to me. I forgot about that, apparently he was crushed according to Elena.

"Look Damon, Blair was right you have to choose," I said folding my arms and staring down at the floor trying to hide the tears that were falling. "Blair or me?"

"I already made my choice," He softly smiled. "I made my choice back in Tennessee." My head shot up to meet his gaze. My eyes were soaked with tears as I looked at him in surprise.

"But you told Blair that you couldn't choose because you loved her? Please don'g play games with me Damon." I begged not wanting my heart to hurt anymore than it did. I stared at him as we were stuck in the deafening silence that surrounded us like a dense fog. You ever know that feeling when you know you have feelings for someone, but it's driving you mad to know if they feel the same? My heart and brain were exploding with this feeling because I didn't know if Damon was just using me to make my sister jealous or if he truly cared for me. "I need to know the truth Damon. I can't compete with my sister for you because that would ruin us, just like it did with you and Stefan." I stated. His blue eyes became alarmed as he wasn't aware I knew their family history. He thought the only part I knew was Katherine's betrayal. Stefan filled me in about his brother on the way here when Blair came and picked me up. Telling me how conceded, rude, arrogant, and a womanizer his brother was. I didn't expect to become so attracted to him like I am, but I also didn't count on my sister being in love with him either.

"Arielle," He said moving forward and placing his hands on the sides of my face. "I know that you think it will ruin you, but-" I began shanking my head and trying to move away from him.

"Damon I just watched my mother and step-father die! She's the only one I have left besides my actual father. Who, ironically, always chose Blair over me." I muttered the last bit, although I know he heard it. He looked at me sadly. I walked over to his bed and slowly say on the edge. "I need her Damon." I whispered. He sat beside me placing his left hand on my knee in comforting way. I looked up at him, only to be stuck in a gaze once again. I noticed his eyes glancing down at my lips then back up to my eyes like he was debating in his head to not kiss me. Though, apparently, his head told him to go for it because we both began to lean towards each other, well that is until we heard someone clear their throat in the doorway.