Chapter Five

I sat on the bar stool in awe. So this the infamous Damon that I'm supposed to stay away from. I still don't see why though because he's gorgeous and he was a gentleman. I hope I didn't just jinx that.

"You look really familiar Arielle. Have we met before?" He questioned staring into my eyes.

"We did a couple seconds ago. I've never seen you before in my life. Have you met my sister, Blair?"

"Blair is your sister? That would be why, I'm questing twins?" He smirked. What is it with him and smirking at me like that.

"Well, if she were here my head would be across the room because-" I cut myself short. I didn't want to be rude or give him the wrong impression of my sister.

"Because you're supposed to stay away from big, bad Damon. Right?" I sharply turned my head towards him in shock. Did someone say something to him? Did Blair get to him before I got here and told him to stay away from me?

"Something like that, I guess. I don't get it though, you're not that bad," I smiled. I had forgotten that the sweet bartender had gotten my drink and set it in front of me. I looked at my glass of Bourbon and grinned. "and I'm guessing Stefan or my sister told you to stay away from little innocent Arielle right?" I downed my glass. I turned towards him as he nodded slightly.

"It was them plus Elena's 'righteous' speech." I laughed. Elena did seem like the self righteous type of girl. "So, Miss Faye. When did you come to my town?" He interrogated.

"When was this your town?" I flirt.

"It has been for years." I think there's another meaning behind what that meant. I stared at him and wondered what was so wrong with this man. He was charming, flirtatious, sexy as hell, and just intriguing. "Are you going to the comet thing tonight?"

"Maybe depends on-"

"Arielle!" I heard her voice echo through the grill.

"Oh no." I groaned. Damon looked at me confused because I threw my head into the bar to try and hide my embarrassment. "Yes, Blair?"

"What the hell are you doing?" She complained. "Damon." She snapped, not even giving him a second glance.

"Hello Blair. Your sister is-"

"Don't care Damon. Stay away from my sister or I will personally make your life a living hell." She threatened.

"Blair! I can hang around who ever I want! You're not mom!" I yelled. I stood up and stormed out of the grill only to be nearly ran over by a tan guy with dark hair. "Hey! Can watch where you're going please?!"

"Hey, sorry. You just kind of popped out of no where." I rolled my eyes and tried to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "I am sorry. Let's start over okay? My name is Tyler."

"Arielle."

"You're Blair's sister?" He asked.

"Yeah, I am." She's more popular than I thought.

"Blair told me all about you. The way she described you didn't do you justice. You're beautiful Arielle." I blushed and looked at my feet. Tyler smiled and just stared. "Are you headed home?"

"I'm actually staying with Elena while I'm here."

"Are you staying for the little before the comet festival party my friend Caroline is throwing here?" He asked with hope coating his voice.

"I was, but I'm not sure anymore. My sister and I aren't getting along right now." I confessed.

"Don't let that ruin your night. Come on Arielle! You need some friends while you're here." He smirked at me. He was real cute, but he came off like a jerk before.

"Okay, sure." I smiled again. He grinned and led me back into the grill. Hopefully this night will get better.

I hope Blair didn't get on to Damon because it's not her place to judge him and I. I'll have find him tonight and talk to him.