Special connection / Lincoln

I couldn't get him out of my head. The mesmerizing eyes. All I knew about him was his name. Yet, he totally fascinated me .It has been two weeks. Everyone on camp had faced new problems while I couldn't forget this handsome stranger.

This night I have even dreamed about him. I replayed the moments we had over and over in my head. Especially the moment I reached out for his wrecked hand. He didn't even flinch. It hurt me to see what Bellamy did to him.

Bellamy and Clarke told me they left for 'important stuff'. They did not even try to make it seem believable or give me a persuasive / convincing reason. It was obvious that they didn't want me to know where they were going.

Bellamy and I didn't go along very well since I called him out for torturing Lincoln. I didn't mention his name nor my help for his escape, but him saving me was reason enough to protect him.

I was about to spend some time alone when a fellow delinquent approached me. He reminded me of my promise to check out the area around the waterfall. We knew there were always some animals to hunt. I was considered as one of the Hunters in camp. My signature weapon was a bow and an arrow. I used my time on the ground to learn some shooting skills. And to be totally honest. I had a lot of fun. I brought a knife for extra security even I was bad at handling those. Just in case I needed it.

My rapid-paced steps lead me toward the whooshing waterfall. I passed it with coordinated jumping over slippy rocks. Some drops landed on my heated face. With my bow well in hand and ready to react at the tiniest movement, I entered the more heavily vegetated parts of the forest. The high treetops just let a few light rays pass.

I intended to be as quiet as possible. I strained my ears for potential animals near me. I've walked through the woods for quite a while until now I've only seen a blue butterfly. This graceful animal chose to settle on my arm. He took up a lot of my time, but I really enjoyed seeing his beautiful wings from up close.

As time passed, the sun had already begun setting. Shadows surrounded me, so I figured it was time to get back to camp. As I turned on my heels, a heard a faint crackling. I wasn't sure if I misheard. There were a lot of noises in the forest. To be sure, I turned around. My eyes instantly fell on the outline of a silhouette. My heart began racing. My hand instantly fumbled for my arrow. I was ready to face whoever was hiding in the darkness when the shadow started to move. To my surprise, it was walking away. Without a second thought, my feet followed the stranger. Only a stone throw from there, the shadow decelerate it's steps. So did I. My breath hitched in my throat. Was I caught?

The tense moment passed. The stranger paused to enter a cave, I assumed. A few minutes later, the cave was light up. The light streamed outside, so I could at least see a little better. Due to my typical imprudence, I gathered all my courage and stepped forward. As soft-footed as I could, I entered the cave. To my relief, I could see no one in there.

Suddenly I was pushed against the wall. A heavy body pressed against me, preventing me from moving. My hand instantly grabbing the knife on my leg.

"Don't even think about it." a deep voice said.

Shit. What do I do now? My mind desperately tried to find a way out of here.

"Who are you and what do you want?"

My face was in the shadow of his own. With a rough shove, I found myself in the middle of the room, fully exposed to the light.

"Y / N?"

"Lincoln?" I really didn't expect him to still be around here. In his situation, it would be totally understandable if he left and never came back. But I just realized how sad I would be if he had.

"I am so sorry. I thought you were someone who's here to kill me." he breathed out.

I couldn't hold it and burst out: "I missed you."

I featured softened. "I did too"

We just had this special connection the moment we met. I couldn't explain it. I only wanted to be near him.

I had to approach him and slide my arms around his waist. He clearly didn't get that kind of attention often, but soon his arms embraced me and pulled me closer.

The comforting sound of his inhales made it hard to pull away. I looked up into his sparkling brown eyes. He lowered his head to my level. My breath became uneven. His lips softly traced over mine. This feeling awakened something in me. These last two weeks I dreamed about this moment.

I just wanted him so much. All the tension that builds up over weeks needed release. I connected his lips with mine. The sensation of his tongue caressing mine was divine. His hands roamed over my body leaving me breathless. I let out a moan.

...

We talked all night. The sound of his soothing voice was the last thing I heard before I closed my eyes.