Lighthouse John Murphy

I saw John Murphy fell down on the Sand in front of me. Jaha said something to him but I couldn't concentrate on what. My head started to spin. My legs felt weak and I slowly sank down next to John. The last thing I heard was John's screaming. Then I blanked out.

I woke up to bright light. I tried to open my eyes and slowly moved my fingers. Everything hurt so much. But I had to get up. My arms could barely hold me up but I now I could take in my surroundings. 

The sea we came from was now blue, not the intimidating dark substance which meant death. On the other side were a few overgrown trees.

 They were so tall they didn't allow any further sight. Then my eyes fell on the sleeping figure in front of me. He looks so peaceful like this. A strand of his hair was draped over his eye. Despite the pain in my legs I scooted over and brushed it back tenderly.

As he suddenly opened his eyes I backed away. Ocean eyes met my dark brown.

"Do you always stare at unconscious people?" he asked with a sore and raspy voice.

"Normally not" I snapped" but since you just got beaten by a sea monster I wanted to check if you are okay. But I can see you are doing very well" I got up on my feet and attempted to walk away, but a loud "wait" stopped me.

As he finally stood next to me we began walking to the trees. We had no particular destination. We just wanted to get away from the beach and the dangerous sea.

We stumbled over to the trees. After a few steps, Murphy stepped on something fragile hidden under the branches. It cracked a little. I shove it all away to get a closer look. It was a solar plate.

"Look," Murphy said and began walking further between the trees. I was about to ask him what he meant, but then I saw a silver door framed by bushes.

I quickly followed him. John was already trying to open the door. Together we were searching for something that would open that door, but nothing worked. Suddenly the door made mechanical noises and snapped open.

You could hear loud music coming from inside

I cast a look at John. We nodded to each other, silently agreeing to face whatever was inside.

His hand pulled carefully the door open and we slowly stepped inside. The room we entered was dark, only a few lamps cast a few shadows. Murphy walked before me, following the music down a staircase.

There it was. A room that looked exactly like from the old world. There were a billiard table and a bar. It looked so clean and inviting. My face lit up immediately. 

I sprinted to the coach and jumped right on it. The dark orange leather felt so soft under my hands. After all these days wandering through the desert, this was what I needed. Little did I know what horrible things happened on the very spot I sat on.

The loud sound of opening a bottle pulled me out of my thoughts. I glanced over to John, who was enjoying himself. He found some kind of alcohol and already poured himself a glass. He shot me a dazzling smile.

"You want some?"

Before I could answer he got me a glass as well. Approaching him I replied, "I guess I have to don't I? I mean we have to celebrate finding this awesome place."

A big smile appeared on his face. " Well then... To the person who left us all the food and drinks. Thank you"

"Cheers" I raised my glass and we toasted. I took a huge gulp and cold liquid run down my throat.

"A little more?"

I agreed right away. To be more comfortable we walked over to the sofa. The bottle obviously with us.

After who knows how many drinks I laid on the sofa. Head hanging down and legs draped over the armrest. I was shaking from laughter. At this point, I didn't even know why I was laughing. The bottle on the table close to my head was nearly empty.

I tried to reach my glass on the same table. It was too far away, so I slipped closer. My drunk self didn't plan this out well. I lost balance and fell. In Expectation of a hard landing, I closed my eyes. When I opened them again I sat on the ground, my legs lying over his legs.

I forgot that John sat next to the couch the whole time.I stared at him in surprise.

"Hi" I giggled awkwardly.

He just chuckled low.

"Did you just fell off the couch?"

"Yeah I did"

"You are crazy," he said still smiling.

He was now really close. His eyes were no longer locked to my eyes. They wandered lower. The gaze was on my lips which I had traped between my teeth.

"You are so crazy" he whispered. With these words, his hands framed my face and pulled my mouth to his. Our lips collided gently, but still forceful.

Murphy's hands wrapped themselves around my waist.He pulled me onto his lap. My hands in his hair, his soft lips wandering to my neck.

"John" I moaned.