What was the meaning of this? / John Murphy

At the sight of the massive debris field consisting of the factory station in front of me, I came to a stand. Bellamy, Murphy, Finn, Monroe, Sterling, and I followed the map; to get the missing delinquents back from the Grounders. The devastated landscape seems impressive and horrifying at the same time. I tried my hardest to spot any survivors, but there was no soul to be seen.

The dead bodies between the remains of the crashed space ship made me avert my face. Murphy, beside me, maintained his eyes forward.

He must have noticed me turning my head because his eyes shifted towards mine. The glance caught me off guard as I.

I had no time to interpret his unclear expression because of Bellamy's loud: "Let's move on!" He stepped away from the cliff. Everybody followed his lead like they always did.

I shot a glance to murphy to check if he was still watching me, but he didn't. What did I even expect? He never really acknowledged me.

My overthinking was interrupted by a stifling cry. I stopped.

"Did you guys hear that?"

The first one to answer was Murphy: "Hear what Y / N?"

Since when did he know my name?"The scream. It came from down there" I pointed to the ledge. Murphy's eyes followed my finger, then, within seconds, he passed me with his sleeve brushing against my arms in the process. The back of his hand traced over the bones of my finger as he approached the cliff to get a closer look. The warmth of his hand was still palpable when I headed towards the cliffside as well.

Bellamy, Sterling, and Monroe noticed our absence. They soon joined us at the edge. Sterling gasped audibly: "Mel?"

It was his fellow friend from the arc who he believed to be dead. She called out for help and warned us repeatedly about the unstable ledge that will break any second. Sterling wasted no time to rappel down to her on his own, while Bellamy and Finn are engaged in an argument. I wondered if his rope was secure. He reached the mountain ledge she clung onto for dear life. Mel tried her best to grasp his helping arms. 

Before they could touch, a cracking sound echoed between the sheer rock walls. All we could hear was Sterling piercing scream mixed with Mel's crying out for his name. That was when we all realized the rock ledge broke, letting Sterling fall into certain death. My hands covered my mouth in shock. None of us were able to believe what just happened.

Mel's screams from below brought the attention back to her. We all obviously agreed on helping her. Bellamy volunteers to rappel down. To prevent him from sharing Sterling's fate, I tie a rope out of seatbelts in hopes that this one is more efficient.

Bellamy took his time carefully placing every step. He managed to reach Mel. "Pull us up!" he yelled under his breath. Together we pulled them upwards. I had already stretched out my hand to help them over the edge as a flying subject landed right beside me. I knew what these whistling sounds through air meant. I've heard them before. Arrows.

Monroe, the first to take action, started shooting blindly into the woods.Out of the corner of my eye, I see the rope moving: the buckle opened.

Like in slow motion, I saw Murphy being the only one to grasp both parts of the rope, to keep it steady. My first thought was hurrying to his aid.

I placed both of my hands on the part close to slipping out of his hand. I could only imagine what he had to sustain, considering the with both of our strengths gathered, the robe still cut searing into my flesh. His eyes found mine, with gratefulness and pain flashing over his features. Even in these unfortunate circumstances, he looked stunning. The force seemed to tear me apart, so the only thing to hold onto was his stare. I lost myself in his eyes as I pull harder.

The next thing audible was Monroe's wail of pain. An arrow had cut through her tight.

Murphy and I needed more support, but we were still under attack. With one injured member who could not help, we were defenseless.

The situation seemed beyond remedy.

Suddenly the shooting stopped. The Foghorn resounds in the all of a sudden silent rocks. We take advantage of the favorable situation and pulled Bellamy and Mel up using the last of our strengths.

As Murphy and I haul both of them up, Finn stretches out his hands to support them. The last jolt demanded less force than we used therefore we stumbled back. 

I happened to land exactly on top of murphy. His arms open from falling, so my body is pressed up to his as close as possible. I felt his chest raising heavily under me, but I only focus on his eyes which found mine once more. The surprise mixed with his typical audacious expression made him even more attractive. I thought I saw his eyes traveling down my heated face, roaming over my lips. As his hand graced over my thigh, I suppressed a gasped. What was the meaning of this? Why was he fooling with me?

"Octavia," Bellamys shouted, tearing me away from his eyes. I pushed myself up, not daring to glimpse down to Murphy again.

Octavia approached us with a fog horn in hand. Bellamy ran towards her. I followed him, but internally I was miles away. This little longing glance of his lingering over my lips was all I could think of.

932 Words

Should I do a part 2 ?