Let's run away! John Murphy

Loud steps echoing through the hallways. Loud noises of someone falling on the floor. Complete darkness. Only shallow breathing broke the silence.

Another newly arrived prisoner who will be taken away tomorrow and never come back. But why did I even care?

I should focus on escaping out of this horrible cave. I just wanted to stand up and run away as fast as I could. But not yet, weakness had still complete control over my body. It got better since I got violently thrown in here. I fought back as well as I could, but not enough. It ended with me unconscious and outfought.

Since then, I saw a handful of people come and go. I lost track of time. It felt like an eternity although it could be only four days as well.

My bruised back gladly was supported by the broken wall behind me. My head laid back. I just didn't have the force to hold it up. The pain pulsing through my temple. Though the darkness I didn't notice my blurry vision.

The sun will set soon. Then Light will shine through some hole on the wall and you will at least recognize the surroundings. Until then I had to get some sleep. Restless and light. But still, sleep. A soft but moving sensation pulled me out of my dreams. My Eyelids fluttered open. It took me a moment to realize what it was. A rat. I flinched and shifted as far away as I could. I let a surprised squeak out. The rat took the hint and disappeared into a dark corner. I felt dizzy.

Just then I saw a person laying on the other side of the cave. The light fell on his face. It was a boy. He looked very peaceful asleep. He had a handsome face but the injuries were hurtful to watch.

At that moment he opened his eyes and groaned in pain.I got up and walked over to the new one. He noticed me and lifted his gaze. his brown eyes found mine. A small spark in them caught my attention.

"You okay?" I sat down beside him. I hesitated but then I helped him to sit up, supported by the wall.

"Thank you" His raspy voice answered. He sure had no water in a long time, but neither had I.

"I'm Y/N by the way" I added.

"John Murphy"

"Nice to meet you. Just not under nice circumstances."

"So my savior do you have any idea how we get out of here?"

I laugh in response. "Your savior had a lot of time to think about that but was too weak until now and also could not do it alone"

He smirked up at me. "So now that you have me...What is your plan princess."

"So first don't call me princess and second we have to get out in the evening. That is the only time they send just one of them down here. He comes in, you hide behind the door, attack him and I close the door. And then we beat him up together. Oh and we will also need his cloths"

"Sounds risky but I want to get out of here so let's do it."

"Alright" I got up and held out my hand, ready to pull him up. He took.Now the sunset. Time flew. John and I spend most of the time talking. He was way more complex than I thought. We were similar. Broken inside but unbreakable on the outside. Our plan worked. It all happened very fast but it worked.

In a blink, the man laid on the ground and we were disguised. I covered my face with a scarf. John and I look at each other. We were ready. John took my hand softly in his.

"Let's run away," he said. Even though his face was covered I was sure he smiled. I nodded and we run out of the door into an unknown future. Directly toward the light.