"What is your name?" Lincoln

I couldn't watch them hurting him anymore. I tried everything to stop them, but there was nothing I could do against my brother. He might have stopped if there wasn't a furious Raven, who would do anything for her dying boyfriend. I obviously cared for Finn too still they had no right to torture him. He saved my life and besides that, I just knew he was a decent man. He was different than the other grounders.

I saw them leaving the dropship, so I hurried in to see how my savior was doing. As I entered the room I startled. He was hanging on his chains, his legs barely holding him anymore. In his palms stuck two nails. Even though I knew my brother really wanted this information, I would have never believed him to do that.

 I leaned down to see if he was awake. I cupped his cheek and observed his closed eyes from up close. Just then he slowly opened them. I froze. I thought he would shy away, however, he didn't move. His eyes observed me curiously though he had visible problems focusing on me. We stayed like that for a minute, before I spoke up. "I'm so sorry for what they did to you"

He stayed silent but I thought there was a hint of thankfulness in his glance. At least he didn't look upset.

"I don't want to force this on you, but you know which antidote is the right one. Just reveal it. Raven will not stop until Finn is saved. And I don't want them to hurt you anymore, okay?"His eyes were still locked to mine, but no answer.

"I know you understand me. I just want to protect you." I said getting impatient. "Can you tell me anything? What is your name?"

His lips parted. You could see the hesitation on his face.

"What is your name?"

"Lincoln" a hoarse voice eventually answered.

Amazed by finally hearing his voice, my lips formed a humble smile."And it is the little blue vial. He will be fine in two days."

I hurried to get the antidote.

"Thank you Lincoln"

I quickly provisionally cleaned his wounds and removed the nails. It hurt to even watch, although Lincoln didn't make a sound. You could tell he was used to tolerating severe pain.

I knew I haven't had much time, so I unchained him as fast as I could. His eyes followed my action with a surprised but admiring expression.

Once I was done I helped him to stand upright and let him relay on my shoulder.

"Let's get you out of here!"

"They will know you let me escape! You will get in trouble." his voice sounded worried.

"I will figure this out. Besides Bellamy is my brother so he will forgive me"I stated.

"Now leave before they come back" I hustled.

He nodded and turned to leave. In the doorframe, he stopped. With firm steps, he came back to me. Our faces only inched apart.

 His bandaged Hands framed my face and he leaned down to press a gentle kiss on my lips. 

The kiss was soft but still managed to ignite my entire body. I totally gave in to the kiss and my problems vanished for a brief moment of complete happiness. 

As we parted his lips traced over mine. We both tried to hold onto that moment for a little longer. But he had to leave.

He stepped back and disappeared with one last smile into the darkness.

With that, the moment passed.