Anxiety / Monty Green

Mount Weather was horrible. At first, it seemed nice, but I always thought there was something wrong. 

Now that we know so much more, we've been planning our escape all day. I sat on the plain bed. I felt the safest here. No guards and just a small break from the worrying.

"Y/N?"I flinched and corrected my bad posture.

"Monty? What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to plan our escape?"

He just shrugged."I know why you left the meeting. "

 I stayed quiet and avoided eye contact.

 "You felt anxious again? Right? " he stopped "You don't have to answer that. Sorry"

I remained silent, but then I saw a chance to really talk with someone about this. He was about to leave, as I spoke up.

"Yes, I was. All of this just reminds me of the arc. At least the being trapped and lied to. I lost my whole family there and I don't want to lose my new family there as well."

Monty had taken a seat right next to me on the bed."Listen Y/N, I totally understand that you are scared. I mean we all are. But we are going through this together. I can't promise you that everything will be fine, but we will always be there for you, and by your side. "

Tears were forming in the corner of my eyes though I won't let them fall. Monty was the only one who could calm me. He also seemed to always know when I felt miserable. Even though the tears didn't fell, he knew what was up. His hand thoughtfully cupped my cheek and pulled me in for a soothing hug. I let him hold me fully and the feeling of secureness, that only Monty could give me emerged again. My breathing ragged, because I allowed myself to let the tears slip onto his shoulder. As we separated I felt at peace again. I embraced the rare Feeling.  Just then I realized how close Monty and I still were.

He leaned down to my level. My gaze was glued to his lips. Only inches apart, he suddenly froze. Did I do something wrong? My eyes looked up at him with concern.

"Can I... can I kiss you?" he asked quietly. My breath steadied and I exhaled relieved. I clearly expected something else. No man has ever asked me if he could kiss me. It was new and so cute at the same time. Monty was different, but I just loved spending time with him. My answer was an encouraging nod. His lips immediately formed a sweet smile, which I returned.

He leaned in once again and went for the lips. His lips brushed gently over my lips. I leaned into the kiss and his arms soon snaked their way around my waist. In these uncertain times, I haven't been so sure about anything. Or more specifically about anyone. We pulled apart. For a brief moment, I wasn't able to open my eyes.

As my attention was fully back on Monty, I giggled. " We definitely have to do this again."