Ruined Mood / John Murphy

"I can't believe you talked me into this."

"Oh come on Y / N, you wanted to leave for a long time." Murphy defied.

"Yeah, I wanted to leave but ..." I lowered my voice. "Not with him. You know I can't stand Jaha. We can't trust him."

"Do you think I like him? Of course, I know he was trying to manipulate me into coming with him. But this is at least an opportunity to get away from all of this. He waved his arm back to the slowly vanishing camp behind us. "This could great. When we reach the city of light, we can just leave Jaha for good. No matter where we land, I can promise you it is better than here. "

I started to like the image of Murphy and me fighting our way through a new stirring city. To be honest, I wasn't planning on going back. Even when he pulled me to the side last morning, I knew I would go with him. We always had this mutual understanding towards each other. He wasn't so open about his feelings, nor was I so, most of our conversations were just us teasing each other. Late at night, drunk from the unlimited moonshine Jasper offered, we had our moment where we talked about anything and everything.I knew we were close, but I felt honored to be the first one on his list to take to a mysterious city.

With every step we took farther away from our usual madness, the sense of relief enhanced. The newborn hopefulness quickly faded, as the well-known, still not liked voice of Jaha approached us."How are you two doing?" His enthusiasm made me doubt the decision to leave. Whenever he was excited about something, it never ended well. "I promise the cit of light will be the solution to all of our problems."

"Sure," I replied ironically. However, he didn't respond or even get my gibe. Murphy's amused face turned to me and I knew he held back one of his iconic comebacks.

Thelonius bothered us for more than thirty minutes before he eventually joined the group of boys walking in front of us. I was happy to have Murphy all for myself. We never left the forest even though we walked till dusk. Jaha decided to settle for the night at a clearing. After helping to light up the camp fire, everyone set up their sleeping place. They all gathered close to the fire. I was about to join them as Murphy pulled me back by the wrist.

"How about we sleep a little further away?" he whispered into my ear. I turned to face him. My surprise must be visible because he silently laughed. "Just come with me." He walked me over to the trees still in sight of the others. We spread out our brought blankets to lay down next to each other.

The people laying around the fire went to sleep as well. Besides the forest noises, there was soon nothing else to be heard. There was just me alone with my thoughts while I stared up into the starry sky, completely taken up by the soft moonlight.Next to me, I could make out the sleeping figure of Murphy. His back was turned towards me.I should be tired too however, my eyes won't close.

Suddenly Murphy shifted to face me, still partly sleeping, and in the process, his arm fell around my waist. I gasped soundlessly as his warm hands grazed over the exposed skin where my rid up shirt was supposed to be. I didn't let his face out of sight just in case he woke up or even worse, was awake the whole time. Even though I was pretty sure he was sound asleep. In his assumption, I moved slightly into a more comfortable position. Mainly because his face was so close, it made me nervous to be so close to a sleeping person who could wake up any minute.

During my moving, his eyes fluttered open. I stopped in my movements.

"Well, this is a sight I like to wake up to," he said in a coarse voice. And I don't know if it was the moonlight or the closeness of our faces, but I closed the gap and connected our lips. He was a little taken back a first, but I could feel no hesitation from his side. His hand, which was already settled on my waist, rid up my sides, exposing more of my skin. I gasped due to the cold breeze.

 He took the gasp as an opportunity to deepen the kiss and really occupy my mouth. He shifted his weight to hover over me. His body pressed against mine. He broke the kiss to travel over my jaw and to slowly graze his lips down my neck. The contrast between his warm lips and the chilly breeze brought me to seventh heaven. My head fell back and I was unable to open my eyes. When his open-mouthed kisses reached my sweet spot, right above my collar bones, I buried my fingers in his hair and let out a breathy moan.

"Shhh," he came up, facing me to shut my mouth with his index finger. "You don't want Jaha to hear you moan, don't you?"

"John," I said whiny, and hit him jokingly on the chest. "Now you ruined the mood."

He smirked, not intending to stop anytime soon. "Sorry, forget what I said. But you still want me. Right?"

His mouth went back to my collar bone, making me actually forget his words to only focus on his lips working their magic on my skin.

"The journey to the city of light is going to be a lot of fun." I thought.

Word Count: 948