Nightly Visits (Bellamy Blake)

Nightly Visits 

Summary: A short and sweet one, where the reader sneaks into Bellamy's Bed.

Arkadia, 2 month before Priamefaya

For what felt like hours, I stared at the gray ceiling above me. My eyes fixated on that one line where the steel overlapped. My mind, on the other hand, was occupied with a less boring, but not necessarily better task.

Overthinking.

During the day, I needed to be a fearless warrior, ready and prepared for everything to come. I had no time to process, even completely acknowledge the current events.

As long as the sun was up, there was no time for weakness. Actually, there was no time for anything. It all happens so fast. Only at night, when my sore muscles could relax, it all sinks in. We only had 2 months left.

Whenever I had something to worry about, I couldn't bring myself to sleep. Strangely, I do not feel fear in these moments, which is something that I am truly growing scared of. 

Since we arrived on earth, I lost count of every situation where my life was at stake. They say you get used to everything; I guess they weren't wrong. Instead of fear, my thoughts raced. All the stuff to remember, what might help, and every possible scenario looped in my head. With every dead-end idea of a possible solution, I got more stress. Instead of falling asleep, I got increasingly more awake. 

A group of giggling voices pulled me out of my head, I must have spent hours in this state. A glance at the digital alarm on the bedside table confirmed this. I sat up, and the blanket slid down my waist. 

My eyes roamed around my darkroom until they stayed on the small chair where I stored a few of my clothes, even though I have a spacious closet. 

On top of the pile sat a jacket. Bellamy's Jacket. 

Just thinking about him lit up my mood. He gave it to me yesterday when I spend the whole evening going through data that might offer a solution. Entirely concentrated, I had forgotten I was wearing solely a thin top. 

This may be one of those stupid late-night ideas, but in a hurry, I pushed back the sheets, got out of bed, and tip-toed towards the door. 

Without a sound, I slid through the door to march directly to Bellamy's room. The hallway was flooded with a chilling breeze. Probably caused by an open door somewhere. I quickened my pace. Counting the doors, I come to a halt at the fifth.

 Since Bellamy never had a problem with an unannounced visit, I skipped the knock. He was actually the one to start the whole "Let's burst into each other's rooms whenever we want" thing. And I wouldn't dream of complaining. I totally love it. It had never happened that late at night, though. But I was willing to take the risk in exchange for finally getting some well-needed sleep. 

After entering the room, I saw the sleeping figure of Bellamy on the bed. I walked closer, bending down to gently touch his hand that held onto the edge of the bed. His grip loosened, however his eyes stayed shut. 

Bellamy was laying on his side, with the other hand hidden under the pillow. His loose curls fell downwards, partly hiding his closed lids. When I gently took his hand into mine, he stirred awake. His hand tightens around mine when he noticed who paid him a nightly visit.

"Hey, you."

"Hey"

Now that his warm eyes were on me, his gaze in its truest form roaming over the outline of my face, everything was fine.

Bellamy made room for me and I wasted no time jumping next to him. In the familiar warmth of his arms, all the troubles of my world faded. They did not vanish, but they gave me time away that I could spend in total peace with him.

His arms pulled me closer by the waist and I rested my head in the crook of his neck. Within seconds, his presence did its magic. My eyes closed as Bellamy lazily drew patterns on my shoulder blades while I drifted into sleep. All I wanted was to be embraced by him until the end of time. Especially since the end seemed to be closer than expected.

A/N: Hello there! Long time no see. Writer's Block hit hard on this one. I guess I just need a bit more practice...