soulmate au: one

ONE YEAR AGO

"Hey Aru!" Mini jogged to her side.

"'Sup?" Aru elbow-bumped her best friend.

"Did you hear Aiden Acharya got his soulmate tattoos?" she asked.

Aru froze, but only for a moment. 

"You know I don't believe in soulmates, Mini," Aru replied. "He must have gotten a tattoo over the weekend or something."

Mini huffed and rolled her eyes. "I still can't believe you don't think soulmates are real. The evidence is literally right in front of you."

Aru crossed her arms over her chest. "I'll believe in soulmates when someone falls in love with me, which will never happen."

"But you've literally seen Rudy and I together!" Mini whisper-shouted. "You saw my tattoos and you saw Rudy's too."

"I stand by what I said earlier," Aru insisted.

Mini smiled. "Looks like we'll just have to make Aiden fall in love with you."

Aru flushed a violent red and clamped her hand over Mini's mouth.

"Say that a little louder, would you?" Buckets would not have been able to catch the amounts of sarcasm dripping from her voice.

Mini quickly peeled Aru's hand off her mouth. "Aru, gross! Do you know how unsanitary that is? All the germs from your hand just found their way onto my face. And I don't want to know what kind of things you've touched."

Aru grinned, "Bad time to tell you I've touched dog poop multiple times?"

Mini's eyes widened, "Are you serious?! You don't even have a dog!"

Aru stifled a laugh, "Yes, I'm completely serious. I've had a couple . . . run-ins with Mrs. Smith's dog."

Mini gave Aru a look. "I'm still mad at you. And for that reason, we are not ending this soulmate discussion."

Aru groaned. "What else do you need to know? The bottom line is that I don't believe in it and want nothing to do with them. That's it."

"You want nothing to do with them?" Mini asked. "Then, would you find it uninteresting that Aiden's soulmate tattoo is apparently a fish?"

Aru laughed. "A fish?! His soulmate must like fishing. Or maybe she really likes sushi."

Aru would never tell Mini, but she was slightly disappointed. She didn't like fishing and sushi was definitely not a favorite of hers. She couldn't be Aiden's soulmate.

Mini shook her head. "I overheard Poppy saying it looked like a Swedish fish."

Aru stiffened. A Swedish Fish? Her favorite candy?

"A-A lot of people like Swedish Fish," Aru said weakly.

Mini sighed, "I swear Aru, if your soulmate tattoo is a camera--"

Aru grinned, "Don't worry. I won't ever get tattoos because soulmates are not real."

PRESENT DAY

Aru glared at the camera on her wrist, wishing her eyes could erase it.

The camera glared back, its gaze painfully reminding her she did not have such abilities, and she had been seriously wrong.

Soulmates were real.

And she owed Mini a serious apology.

a/n  first part of the soulmate au! tell me what you guys think! <3