happy birthday aru! 🍰

"Take that, Shah!" Brynne cackled.

"HEY!" Aru shouted. "No weapons allowed! You're cheating!"

Brynne grinned. "I don't care."

"Watch your left, Aru!" Mini hurled a gift bow.

"WHY IS EVERYONE COMING AFTER ME?" Aru ducked.

"Cause it's your birthday," Aiden smirked.

"Shut up," Aru flung a massive ball of wrapping paper at him.

To any normal human being, this situation might be looking a bit odd. But for The Potatoes, this is tradition. Every time it's someone's birthday, after they open their gifts, there's a war with the wrapping paper. "War" meaning "everyone throws wrapping paper at each other just for the heck of it."

Aru dove for the fallen wrapping paper on the ground and bunched it up, squinting at her friends. "Go on," she said. "Try and steal it from me."

"Agh!" Aiden tackled Aru to the ground, trying to steal the paper from her.

"Hey, stop it!" Aru fought him, trying to get him off her body.

"No!" Aiden wrestled with her, tearing a lot of the paper. "I have to win this."

"Why do you want to win so bad?" Aru flipped Aiden over, so now she was hovering on top of him. "It's not even that important!"

Aiden flipped Aru back to the ground. "If it's not important, why are you still fighting me?"

Aru gritted her teeth. "Because I want to win!"

Aiden managed a snort. "You're impossible!"

"Thank you!" Aru shouted.

Now, what were the rest of Aru's friends doing during all this? Dying with amusement.

"Do you think they're gonna date someday?" Mini asked thoughtfully.

Brynne scrunched her nose in disgust. "Don't talk about relationships and lovey-dovey stuff when I'm around."

"Still," Mini continued. "Don't you think they would make a good couple?"

"Maybe?" Brynne rolled her eyes. "I dunno. I'm good at a lot of things, but relationships are definitely not one of them."

"GIVE IT HE—" Aru and Aiden suddenly froze. They made eye contact and scrambled away from each other, both blushing violent shades of red.

"Uh um uh-" Aru stammered.

"Um, uh, you win, Shah," Aiden flushed. "Uh, happy birthday. See you guys later. Um, bye." He tripped on a scrap of wrapping paper on the way out.

That did it; Brynne couldn't hold in her laughter anymore. She burst into a fit of hearty chuckles and giggles. "OH MY GOD," Brynne cackled. "You guys are so awkward!!"

Aru's face boiled. "Shut up."

a/n  happy 15th aru! and happy belated 30th roshani! 🥳🥳🥳 let's celebrate with cake 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍰

-abbizzzz ❤️