assassins au: epilogue

Two months later...

ADADHA DAILY

BREAKING NEWS: Tavasth To Become a Republic? Major Shifts in Tavasthan Government Follow the Death of Suyodhana, the Sleeper

Written by Aanya Laghari

Two moons have paid their monthly visits to our humble home since the conclusion of what is now being titled 'The Fall of Tavasth.' We express our deep respect and appreciation for the brave soldiers that fought for our kingdom, and the world mourns for those we've lost, for those who exhaled their dying breaths on the battlefield. They will not be forgotten.

But what follows? Her Majesty has made several statements regarding the possibility of a second uprising in Tavasth, and what actions Adadha will take should the seed of another war be planted. The queen has been criticized for providing a vague and seemingly shallow response, given the heavy topic. The following quotes have been extracted from Queen Aaleahya's most recent speech:

"I will do everything in my power to keep this kingdom safe and in the hands of peace," she'd spoken. "The threat of war is always on the horizon, but rest assured that all necessary actions are and will continue to be taken to maintain our independence and right to live peacefully. It is not a people that make our kingdom great, but a community, and we will stop at nothing to protect this joined body under a sovereign shield. Thank you."

While Her Highness may not have shared many details, investigators certainly have. Sources have reported that the unrest in Tavasth is at levels never seen before, and the people are demanding a change in government structure. Lord Jinn, betrayer of the Adadhan crown (see page three) and close advisor of the Sleeper, is currently the temporary ruler governing the southern kingdom. However, entire villages in Tavasth have strongly voiced their desire to have representatives and a united set of rulers rather than one king. Whether or not the government succumbs to the wants of the people remains to be seen. As an opposing force, the people of Adadha can continue to thrive and live their lives, displaying the result of a community unified in their compassion and determination.

Bless Her Majesty and this kingdom! May we live in peace and harmony. Don't forget to purchase your next copy of Adadha Daily!

"Instructor Jinn, huh?" Aru placed the crinkled newspaper back on the table, taking a satisfyingly large bite of her pastry. She could smell the cloudy aroma of sugar and fresh dough frolicking in the air of Amolnam's Bakery, surrendering to its reign over her senses.

Aiden shrugged, lacing their fingers together. "Lord Jinn now, I guess. Honestly, his lectures were evil enough to convince me he was never completely innocent. Also, are you sniffing the air?"

Aru took an even longer breath, drawing in air so sharply it stung her nose. "Duh. Everyone does this at bakeries. How come you're not smelling the air?" she snorted, squeezing his hand even after he shook his head in disapproval. Rude.

Aru sighed, gazing out the window at the setting sun. She watched as it crawled under the blanket of the horizon, preparing for sleep in the hazy pinks and purples of the sky. Something about it made her feel unusually wistful, the sensation magnified as she took the last bite of her muffin, silently mourning the loss of her tasty friend.