love: f i v e

special shout out to Vajra_Forever! please go check out her account out! she is an amazing writer and fellow aruden shipper :).

  "Um . . . where the heck are we?" Aru wondered aloud. 

     The nauseating portal had dropped the two friends off at the entrance to an unfamiliar cave. The walls around the opening had strange glyphs and symbols engraved in the rock. Inky black darkness took over the inside, making Aru squint her eyes for a better view. 

     Aiden scanned his surroundings. "I don't know."

     That's helpful, Aru thought. 

     She sighed. "What should we do?"

     Aiden reached for Shadowfax to take a picture of the cave, but suddenly remembered his sacrifice. He shoved his hands in the pockets of his hoodie, scowling. 

     Stupid stupid stupid! Aiden thought. I should not have given Shadowfax away.      

     Aru noticed his attitude and put a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry about Shadowfax, Aiden. We'll find a way to get it back. But we need to focus on one thing at a time."

     Aiden mentally scolded himself. Here he was, pitying himself for losing his camera, while Aru, who had sacrificed her only weapon, was comforting him about it. 

     Aiden looked up and sheepishly smiled at Aru. "I don't deserve you, Shah," he muttered, his voice lower than a whisper. 

     Aru blushed a hundred shades of crimson and grinned. "No you don't Wifey. No you don't." 

     Aiden playfully smirked at her. "I meant that I don't deserve your torture and inflated ego."

     Aru threw her head back and laughed.

     ----

     "We need to focus," she stated, serious now. "What did the Buddhila say?"

     Aiden scrunched his eyebrows. "She said the Sharakada is weakest at night, right?          

     Aru looked at the sky. "Right. It's still day time. Maybe a few hours before night time."

     Aiden nodded. "Then we play the waiting game."

     Aru spotted a nearby tree and tugged Aiden's hand, nodding toward the tree. He grinned. 

     The pair walked over and climbed a sturdy branch. Aru and Aiden sat on the rough bark, their legs dangling in the air. Aru couldn't help but note how close they were to each other, their legs pressed against one another.  They argued about the stupidest things for hours, hearing lots of laughing, teasing, and arm-slapping from each other. 

     "All Skittles taste the same," Aiden said, starting another conversation. 

     Aru gasped. "What did you just say?"

     Aiden's eyes widened. "You think Skittles have different flavors?"

     Aiden should have never brought Skittles up. 

     "It literally says 'Taste the Rainbow'!" Aru argued.

     "That's just for marketing purposes!" Aiden threw his hands in the air. "All the flavors are actually the same! They just make them different colors!"