Aru x Aiden + Mr. V's Key Theory (Aiden)

"EXPELLIARMUS!"
     It was late Saturday night and the Potatoes were binge-watching the Harry Potter movies. Mini and Rudy cuddled on the couch, shoving handfuls of popcorn in their mouths. Brynne and Hira fell asleep on top of each other. Nikita and Sheela sat in the corner, speaking in hushed tones. Aru and Aiden sat together at the foot of the couch.
     Aru stared intently at the screen, muttering some of the lines to herself. Aiden was looking at Aru. Ever since he used Mr. V's key during their last quest, his feelings for Aru had been hopelessly jumbled.

—FLASHBACK—

     The Potatoes were standing outside the plant nursery, anxiously waiting for Aiden to unlock the door with Mr. V's key. As Aiden slid the key into the slit, the plant nursery quickly disappeared. Instead, he saw his mom and dad arguing.
     He couldn't hear them, but it broke his heart to see his mom like this. She gave up the Otherworld for a man she ended up not loving. Aiden's parents' failed relationship was a constant reminder that love is a curse. It can change your life, for better or worse.
     The scenes shifted. Now, he saw Aru. He saw when she placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him about his parents. Another scene displayed Aru (rocking a Gandalf beard) convincing him to use the love arrow on his mom instead. The last scene showed Aru and Aiden talking over Chaat.
     Once more, the scenes changed. Instead of seeing memories, he saw himself holding hands with a pretty girl. The girl was seriously beautiful, rocking a light pink shirt and denim shorts. Dark chocolate brown hair trailed over her shoulder in a long braid. The girl looked exactly like ...... Aru.
     Wait what? Aiden thought. I don't like Aru like that, right?
     Sure, Aru's beautiful and has a great personality and is a great fighter and—you know what? Never mind.
     He focused on the scene again. This time, him and Maybe-Aru sat on the shore of a tropical beach.
     "I love you," Maybe-Aru said.
     "Love you too, Shah," Other-Aiden said.
     So that IS Aru, Aiden thought.
     The beach started fading away, snapping Aiden back to reality.
     He looked at Aru with wide eyes. Her eyebrows knit in concern as she nervously fingered with Vajra.
     What did I just see? Aiden wondered with much curiosity.
     He shook his head and entered the plant nursery.

—END OF FLASHBACK—

     "Earth to Aiden," Aru snapped her fingers. "Why are you staring at me? You okay?"
     Aiden blushed and dropped his gaze, fiddling with Shadowfax's strap. "I'm fine, Shah."
     Aru saw right through Aiden, but redirected her attention back to the glaring screen, knowing Aiden didn't want to share.
     Aiden looked at Mini and Rudy: the perfect, random, and unlikely couple. Rudy, a complete bonehead and the most oblivious person he knew, was dating Mini, a knowledgeable girl who wished to become a doctor.
     I guess opposites DO attract, Aiden thought.
     He looked at Aru.
     Would she ever like me in that way? He wondered.

—5 MONTHS LATER—

     The sky glowed a vibrant orange as the sun slowly disappeared behind the shoreline at the Atlanta Beach.
     "I love you," Aru said with a smile on her face.
     He pulled her closer as they watched the sunset. Aiden suddenly thought of the visual he had seen of him and Aru at the beach when he used Mr. V's key.
     He smiled.
     "Love you too, Shah," Aiden said as he kissed the top of her head.

A/N hi guys! this was just a quick chappie about what i think Aiden saw when he used mr.v's key. what do you guys think he saw? i'm literally dying to know. can't wait for city of gold! thanks for reading y'all 😊