soulmate au: eleven

1 Unread Message from Ethan.

Ethan: what's up aru?

Aru: the sun

Ethan: wrong, it's the sky

Aru: ...wut 😐 😂

Ethan: lol im messing with u. do u wanna hang out soon?

Aru could feel a pot of giddiness bubbling in her gut, but it also came with surprise.

She knew her and Ethan were due for their "hangout" soon, but she didn't think he would ask right now.

Aru: sure, what should we do?

Ethan: um, they opened a new beach recently i think

Aru: how do u open a beach? isn't it there already?

Ethan: yeah, but i think it means like they open it to the public

Aru: oh that makes sense. sure im down to go, sounds fun :D

Ethan: yay cool what day should we go?

Aru: um, tmrw is sunday right?

Ethan: yep. do u wanna go then? im free

Aru: 👍

Ethan: i can pick u up at 1:00 if that works

Aru: that sounds good. i live at the atlanta museum of indian art and culture, so u know where to pick me up

Ethan 🤯 u live there?! lucky, that's so cool

Aru: haha it's not as cool as u think. i have to deal with complete strangers coming into my house everyday -_-

Ethan: when u put it that way, it sounds bad lol

"ARU!" her mom shrieked. "DINNER!"

Aru winced.

Her mom was seriously going to blow her eardrums out one day.

Aru: sorry ethan, i gtg eat dinner now.

Ethan: ok, cant wait for tmrw! cya

Aru: cya byeee

Ethan: 👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼

"Aru," Krithika said when she finally came to the kitchen table. "What were you doing?"

"Just talking. Oh, I'm hanging out with a friend tomorrow at one. Is that okay?"

Krithika raised one thin eyebrow. "A friend? Who are you hanging out with?"

Aru tried for nonchalance, but inside she was panicking. What if she says no?

"Oh, um Ethan Park," Aru played with her fingers. "Just a dude from school."

"A guy from school?" Krithika smiled knowingly. "Beti, you have a date?"

Why do moms always assume that? "It's not like that!" Aru said quickly.

Krithika threw her head back and laughed. "It's okay to have feelings for a guy. Is he handsome?"

Oh my god, what the heck?! Aru flung her arms up with a beet-red face. "MOM, OH MY GOD."

"Alright, alright, I'll stop. You have my full permission to hang out with him tomorrow," Krithika said, trying to keep a straight face (and horribly failing).

As Aru munched on homemade chapati, she couldn't help but think about her mom's question: Is he handsome?

She knew it was meant to be a joke, but Ethan actually was handsome. He had jet black hair that fell in two flops over his forehead, and skin as smooth and pale as milk. He didn't dress half bad either. (a/n picture a young Cha Eunwoo or a younger Jimin KPOP fans)