Not Lucky

"Quick Marinette, you can transform any second, we have to get cover!" Those words repeated in Marinette's mind as she ran over Paris looking around for cover, or otherwise, she'll detransform in front of someone's eyes. She pounced as fast as she could, from roof to roof, trying to find cover. She used her lucky charm not a while ago, but that was pretty much 5 minutes. Marinette was starting to get nervous as she felt herself slowly turn back. She knew she had no choice. If someone saw her detransform to her normal self, then she couldn't be Ladybug anymore. "If only Master Fu was here," Marinette kept on repeating to herself, as she started regretting becoming a guardian of the miraculouses. 

                 She looked around trying to find a place to detransform in, and saw an open window in the Highschool locker room. When she touched the floor she finally detransformed. Marinette sighed in relief knowing nobody saw her detransform."Wheew! That was close Tikki!" Unexpectedly, Marinette heard footsteps by the door in the hallway. (And that scaredy cat dropped her purse because she thought it was a monster in the hallway) "Marinette hide me quick! No matter who it is, they can't know you're a superhero!" exclaimed Tikki. Marinette grabbed the purse but not in time and Adrian walked in the locker room. 

                       He looked at her, and Tikki, and back at her. Marinette realized the mistake she did. Now, she can't be Ladybug! She has to find a brand new Ladybug and that can take a long time, while finding someone to akumatize is really easy. Marinette was getting teary and tears started running down her cheeks. She hugged herself and put her head down, not knowing what Adrian would do next. (Well,) Adrian grabbed Marinette's arm and pulled her to the park, he pushed her on a bench and held her to the bench so she couldn't run away. 

                          "Marinette, You're Ladybug!" he screamed. She only stayed silent, hoping he would ignore that and think it was just his imagination. But he kept on asking her and asking until she burst into tears and pushed him away. She tried yelling at him through her sobbing, "Leave *gulp* me-  ALONE! She finally managed to squeeze those words out of her and ran home. Tikki tried to stay as close as she could with Marinette so nobody would see her. Marinette raced through town and ran in like a storm in the bakery. "Marinette you came home early, are you okay?" her mother asked. Marinette stopped and quietly replied to her mom and said, "Please. Just - leave me alone." She turned around and rushed in her room and crashed on the bed and started screaming and crying. 

                       Tikki saw the pain in Marinette. "A guardian and a student and hero at the same time, it must be hard," Tikki thought. So, she decided to cheer Marinette up and said, "Marinette do you understand? Adrian loves Ladybug and you're Ladybug! Your crush likes you back!" Marinette picked her head up and quietly whispered, "No Tikki. I'm not Ladybug anymore. I must find someone else to take my place. It's part of the rules if you want to be a guardian," said Marinette.