Explanations, Part 1

"Raven, we need some explanations. And don't make a confused face, you know what we're talking about," Ladybug stated. Raven turned around as Ladybug's grip on her relaxed. She hugged herself and looked up at them with an innocent face, saying, "Fine." They both sat down, motioning for her to sit down too, she sat down on the sidewalk looking up at them. "Well, I came from Shanghai, China. I came here for the name of the best superhero in the world, because my parents don't think of me as their daughter."

                                                                         "They tell me I'm not worthy to be their daughter. All my siblings did something sagnificant for our family and that gave them honor and praise of my parents, but I......................................"

                                                                          (Raven starts crying)

                                   "I never did anything. I was just a normal person living my life, and my parents weren't happy about it. They hated me! They called me a disgrace everyday! When I made mistakes they'd call me a failure, but when my siblings did, they'd say, 'We learn from our mistakes.' Life isn't fair! I tried hard, I really did, but there was nothing sagnificant I could do for our family. It was an early tradition in our family, to do something sagnificant for our family as a sign of respect and for centuries, people were able to find those sagnificant things, but why not me?! I was always an outsider! They never showed me love, and it felt horrible to be a non - lovable child of the family. The only people that really cared for me was Grandpa Fu and Grandma Marianne. But my grandma once disappeared and nobody could find her."
                                          After that, streams of tears went down her face and so many that she had to cover her face with her hands, and she started sobbing. Ladybug and Cat Noir looked at each other with sympathetic faces and felt their own hearts break from the emotions that overwhelmed them now.

                          "Then, it was just Grandpa. The only one in the family that truly cared for me. But then one day, he disappeared too! I was left alone among a bunch of heart breaking words and I couldn't do anything about it! Then, my parents told me they'd give me to the orphanage because I didn't complete our family tradition yet! I was mad and angry at them but it was their choice. But when I was packing my things to leave, I found a box with raven earrings, that's when I met my kwami, and learned all that. My kwami said that my grandpa wanted me to have this miraculous and so I did. And right before I stepped out of my home with all my things, I had an idea. To go to Paris where there were other heroes like me and join them in saving Paris. I thought that can give me enough honor to make my parents let me come back home. That's why I came here and why I became Raven.

                                                             She was devastated by just those words and she felt broken and rejected. Expecting Ladybug to here those words and leave her there alone, but suddenly, a pair of hands went towards her and embraced her in a tight hug. It was Chat Noir! His eyes sparkled in what looked like tears! He hugged her even tighter and said, "I understand, it's ok." He kneeled closer to her ears and whispered, "Especially when you have a business man dad with no mom that stopped caring about you." She gently nodded in agreement as she felt another pair of hands embrace her. Ladybug! "It's ok, calm down, we've all been there," she said as she gently ruffled her hair and smiled. All of them looked at each other sharing their warmth and calming Raven down. To Raven, it felt like she got a family. Ladybug who was her new mom, Cat Noir who was her dad and she was their daughter. Broken from the weight of the world being put on her, but then feeling their warmth and smiles which made her calm down and say to herself, 'Calm down Sarah. Mommy and Daddy are here, no need to worry.'

I tried making this chapter sweet, simple and cute, I hope you liked it and felt the emotions I did while writing this :) Let me know if this chapter just sounded weird or cringy and I'll delete it or fix up some stuff.